Not working correctly since several months - how can I get a refund?

Hi,

still no improvement since my initial report: Does not keep Team Drive sub folders in sync since several weeks on Ubuntu 18.10

After my report I spent several hours to start with a completely fresh install (removing insync, manually checking for missing files, re-installing insync_1.5.5.37367-artful_amd64). I never touched the pause feature (as other users suggested might be broken) and did not interact with insync at all - except for it running in background and syncing my team drives.

No useful feedback from insync support except info that they are aware of problems and are working on re-writing the software (completely if I understood correctly).

Today I discovered that several folders are present in my team drive online but are not synced via Insync. They show up in the insync team drive browser (blue icon), but even then won’t get synced. Even tried the newer insync_1.5.7.37371-artful_amd64. No success.

The service is useless since several months and I kindly ask for my license fee back! What is the proper way for that?

Thank you
Wolfgang

The easiest way is to dispute the charge with the company of the credit card you used to make the purchase. Unless you used a debit card, then you are out of luck.

As you’ve noticed, getting a response back from InSync is usually very hit-or-miss, with a lot more misses than hits recently. I don’t think asking for a refund will be any quicker than asking them to resolve a bug. From what I can tell, there is only one customer service person and one or two developers. I think they initially priced themselves too low, and used the low, one-time price to get business, but are not making enough money to hire support or developer staff to do much maintenance.

They sent out a survey a few months ago that indicated they were thinking of switching to a subscription model, but it might be too late.

Hi @wolfi,

My most sincere apologies for not being able to provide a fix for your case sooner! :frowning: Our engineers have been reworking Insync’s core from the ground up the past couple of months. This means addressing major issues and bugs (like what you’ve been experiencing!) so users can have a more seamless experience. Rest assured that we are going to share this new build to our community as soon as it’s ready!

I completely understand your frustration and how this has been affecting your workflow. I’d be more than happy to assist you further-- could you please send an email to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? Thank you!