One way sync/additive sync (released in 3.4.x!)

I am so glad to hear that but, as i see, there is no solution on the horizon in past of years ago… :frowning:
I am eagerly waiting for a solution and I hope it will be soon (until I retire) :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s happening with the one way sync?
As we can see, nothing…
:frowning:

Nothing happened with one way sync yet.
Bed dreams, bed wishes :frowning:
Bed promises from Insync a long time…

Where is this feature? :frowning:

Please could this feature be implemented. It’s been on the requested features list for years.

Please add the one way synk, I nee to use InSynk to make Gdrive backup…

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Mara from Insync Support (another real person)!

Sorry about the delay with this feature. We’re still developing it and will be released on our next major update. I understand that it’s taking a while so we really appreciate your eagerness and patience - we’re so excited for this to come out too. :sweat_smile:

Hang in there everyone, we’ll be there soon!

1 Like

Thanks for the update. i assume that next major update would be version 4?

2 Likes

@JeyD02 That’s what we call it for now but no official “name” yet! :grin:

When can we expect this new version?

Oh! I see that one way sync has been implemented as of version 3.4.0.40973, I will try it!

1 Like

Hi @stanelie! Please make sure to install 3.4.1 – there was an onboarding bug in 3.4.0 (where a cloud copy synced as 2-way gets synced as 1-way. Not the default behavior)

Thank you!!

Is it possible to get one way sync to work the other way i.e. to download to my PC only? This is helpful to take a physical backup of the cloud contents without risk of changing what’s in the cloud; I’m particularly concerned about ransomware, and any situation where a lot of files can be uploaded on mass gives rise to this risk. Thank you

Yes, that’s possible! Just click the 1-way sync button in the app and you’re good to go. :slight_smile:

To learn more about the functions of 1-way sync, please visit this Help Article:

1 Like