OneDrive sync failure where local files are being removed from the sync folder [with workaround]

OneDrive sync is suddenly failing on my Xubuntu computers (24.04 and 22.04). Insync is emptying the local folders of all contents and then doing a partial sync. Even when “completed,” synced folders are still empty.

Luckily, the OneDrive files on the cloud are unchanged.

Other services (dropbox, google) are not being affected).

Running insync 3.9.4.60200 on each (reinstalled on the 24.04 computer).

-Vincent

What is going on? How do I get normal sync restored?

My apologies for the huge issue! Could you please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com? Follow this guide on how to collect those files: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files

Please do include the link to this Forums post for easy tracking.

Unfortunately can confirm the issue on Fedora 40. Insync just wiped my local folders on two different machines. Version is the exact same as mentioned in the first post.

I am working with tech support on the problem.

Luckily, files on the cloud are NOT being affected. My temp solution has been to disconnect the onedrive accounts from syncing.

Deleting and then adding the onedrive account does NOT fix the problem. The local file deletions recur.

@user123456 Could you please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com? Please also provide a few file names that were trashed locally so we can check that in the logs.

Thank you very much!

I mailed you the logs.

Thank you! I received them and have escalated the issue further to our engineers.

Any new developments regarding the Issue? I’m running the Insync client on two Linux Mint 22 Cinnamon machines and can’t sync with Onedrive anymore…

Hello again!:

I removed my OneDrive account and re-add it, which made the folders and files visible again and sync seems to be working again now. But it would be nice to have an explanation about why the issue occurred. :wink:

2 Likes

Apologies for the late revert!

This issue is still under investigation. I will be updating the title of this Forums post to make it more visible to users who may be experiencing a similar issue.

For visibility on this post, the current workaround is to indeed remove and re-add your OneDrive account.