(Resolved-->match files works!) How do I fix the "Folder index file" that didn't remember last night sync

My Laptop with Windows 10 crashed. I had to do a fresh install.
I downloaded Insnyc again and set the same folder path as before (to my NAS). Insync treated the files on the NAS as new files and started uploading then to Google drive. On google drive Insync adds a new folder like “Folder(1)” and it started downloading the “Folder(1)” to my NAS??? A total mess…
If I would have allowed this process to run I would have had double everything. On my NAS I would have the “Folder” and “Folder(1) downloaded from Google Drive”. On Google Drive “Folder” + "Folder(1) which syncs to “Folder”" . Both “F” and “F(1)” having identical content.

How can I fix this mess, to Upload everything again (and deleting the GD Folder) is not an option over 1 TB of Data. H

How do I fix the “Folder index file” that didn’t remember last night sync (because it was partying all night and had a film tear)

Summary:
WIN 10 kill - wipe - fresh install - INSYNC forgot history and syncs all my files again??!!?? and creates new folders on GD and in return download the newly created folders to the local machine.
(Insync same setting, same path, same account)

before
le local Folder
Bla

Le GB
Bla

after
le local Folder:
Bla

le GD:
Bla
Bla (1)

!!!then its downloads Bla(1) to my NAS!!!

I uploaded like 2000 files, about 1 TB. I can’t just say yeah, let’s upload it again… and have everything downloaded again.
If I hadn’t noticed it, I would have double everything.
(Sounds kinda like Insync messed up folders on Google Drive? )

To clarify the pictures: First I Uploaded some folders with GSync (just the folders where synced, no data) then I started using Insync, it added to the existing file structure. Picutre No 3 after the crash Insync yet again add a “third” folder. the (2) Folder

Hi @Christian_Petri I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. I will be tagging our engineer @dipesh and he will get back to you regarding your issue.

Hi @Christian_Petri: Please send to us the Insync logs at support@insynchq.com so that we could look into this. Logs are located at the following path: C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Insync\logs.db i.e. %appdata%\Insync\logs.db

Thanks

How was this resolved? I’m seeing this exact issue as well.

• Jason

Hi Janson,

I made sure that the folder structure where identical to old windows installation.

It was just at the time that my heart almost stopped when I saw QUEUED 2000 files on the fresh install of Win 10. (before ±300 left) At that time I didn’t realize how file-matching works… Just let the process run and it will say processing and the will go to the next file. If there is a new one it will say processing and the upload (if I am not mistaken).
Be patient it will take a while for the file matching…

There is a litte neat tool called “Remove Empty Directories” short RED. that removed all the empty ones (on the local machine)

I think at the end it was just my lack of understanding of Insync functions. :wink:

When did you start experiencing duplicates?
The empty folders where created (at least I assume it) during the first sync, when I moved the Folders from one Folder to an other or/and I had already upload the folder structure with GSync…
Because it was not done syncing, it didn’t yet download the newly created folders on GD to my NAS. When I did the fresh install it downloaded the (2) Folders… so the duplicates are not directly related to the fresh install…
(GD was deinstalled before Insync was installed)

If you have any question left please let me know.