Sync appears to have stopped one way

Running Insync 1.3.17.36167 on Ubuntu 16.04.

This is similar to a previous post of mine, but has only just reared its head again.

I have two accounts using Insync, my work account (GSuite Education) and my personal account (Gsuite). The work account is syncing perfectly. Since 1 July, the personal account has stopped syncing. Files are definitely being created in Google Drive, they are there in the browser and on the Rasberry Pi I have running insync-portable. But Insync on my laptop just doesn’t recognise there are files to download. However, I can force the sync by simply expanding the directory in the Selective Sync for my personal account. Once that’s done, Insync seems to see the files and downloads them, but it’s a one-off … I have had to do this every day since it stopped working.

However, creating files on my laptop in the synced folder works perfectly, they are uploaded to Google Drive immediately.

Any ideas?

I have the exact same issue on Linux Mint. Browsing to the folder to be updated solves it.

please send your log files to support@insynchq.com for investigation. thanks for reporting :+1: tagging our engineer as well @lpugoy

I have just sent my log files to your support.