Trying to Sync a Network Drive, Not Much Response

Hi All,

I am trying to assess whether or not to buy this product and am attempting to sync my network drive.

Ideally I would do this from the server instead of a client but the server is Ubuntu 16.04 and I couldn’t for the life of me find a way to get the “add to Insync” option to appear when right clicking any folders on Ubuntu after installing Insync on the server. If someone knows what I need to do to add a local folder to Insync on Ubuntu 16.04 that would be ideal. If not…

I also installed Insync on a Windows 10 Client. When right clicking the network drive and selecting “add to insync” it prompts for my account, I choose it, then I get the Windows 10 warning window about Insync making changes to my device, accept that, then nothing happens. No updated Google Drive files. I did notice that it created a symlink in my Insync Folder for the network drive, but there is no indication that it is assessing the files structure of the network drive, the network and disks on both client and server are idling and the Insync processes don’t seem to be doing much.

I can get my log files but where do I post or email them?

Thank you in advance,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Were you able to download the file integration package? You can find it under the packages tab as shown below:

For your Win machine, yes it’ll create a symlink. Are there blue badges on the symlink?

You can send your logs + screenshots of your Insync My Drive to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post.

Thank you!

Thank you for your response miamoran.

I am no longer at work but it appears on further investigation that I tried the wrong file integration package. I will try again tomorrow with the correct one and if I still have problems I will respond here.

I can’t remember if there were blue badges on the symlink but I think not.

Thanks again, hopefully your reminder about the file integration will solve my problems.

Cheers,
Sam

1 Like

No problem, @Sam! :slight_smile: