"Unlimited accounts" - how to set this up?

Since I am on an old Prime license, and the new licenses include “unlimited accounts”, I’d just like some clarification on how this works?

I assume that means that if I have a license for Google account A, and I have an Google account B for which I have not explicitly purchased a license, I can sync both to the same machine on just the one license, correct?

If I however have 2 Google accounts, and I have a license on account A with “unlimited accounts”, and I have 2 machines where I would like account A and B to be synced to machine 1, and just account B to machine 2, would I need to purchase the license for account B, or is there a way to use the license from account A?

Hi @RobinJ1995!

I assume that means that if I have a license for Google account A, and I have an Google account B for which I have not explicitly purchased a license, I can sync both to the same machine on just the one license, correct? - Correct :slight_smile:

If I however have 2 Google accounts, and I have a license on account A with “unlimited accounts”, and I have 2 machines where I would like account A and B to be synced to machine 1, and just account B to machine 2, would I need to purchase the license for account B, or is there a way to use the license from account A? - as long as Account A has been added on at least one machine, then Account B on machine 2 will be recognized as linked to your main account :slight_smile:

1 Like

That indeed works, love the hassle-free approach! :slight_smile:

Might be nice to document this somewhere if it isn’t already (I looked through some of the documentation and could not find the answer).

1 Like

Let me forward this to my team so we can add it to the documentation :slight_smile:

I arrived here googling around on how exactly other family members (with separate windows accounts on the same laptop pc) could use Insync for themselves without purchasing extra licenses (it says unlimited accounts).

For individual desktop licenses: setup is user-specific, but license is system-wide.

So I made a test and it’s true! it’s really hassle free: login into windows from your other family member’s account, let him install insync software and add whatever account he wishes to sync. Insync will authorize his account.

Whoaah!! Very recommended for families!!

1 Like

@koenigworks9 Thank you for the kind words and for the support!! :slight_smile: