Using Insync in Dual-Boot (Win/Linux) to sync to the same drive

Any news on this? Dual boot is becoming more and more common, so it is a bit weird that this item is still hanging…

Hi @pedrovc,

It’s not in our to-do at the moment, but we’ll be discussing features once we’re out of beta for 3. :slight_smile:

Hi,

any news on this?
Having two different insync folders for two os in the same machine is very annoying, especially if one of the two os is rarely used (and a lot of syncing and time is needed at every start)…

+1 on this - the lack of this feature severly limits insync’s usability for me.

1 Like

There are a few threads along this line and absent an apparent voting mechanism, I wanted to add my voice to this thread as well. It would be a huge help to be able to sync to the same effective location under Windows and Linux on the same machine.

1 Like

Here once more to add my support. Do the Linux and Windows versions of Insync use the same version of SQLite and the same exact table structure? Could I manually make a hard link to logs.db, settings.db, etc. from my Windows install to my Linux install, so that the application state of both installs remains identical?

dual-boot is on the way… :sunny:

3 Likes

I posted in this thread years ago and would occasionally check-in for any updates. What a nice surprise to see this is now implemented, and I’ve been using it for a couple weeks with no issues. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you @Carlos_Martinez!! We’re ecstatic to hear it’s been going well for you!! :two_hearts: