What the difference between Plus and Prime

Does anyone here can give explanation what is the different between Plus and Prime? and should I (plus user) updgrade?

Thank you

2 Likes

The main differences are 1) Prime gives you free version upgrades (so from 1.x to 2.x, etc.) 2) volume discounts for multiple licenses and 3) a 30 day money back guarantee.

:slight_smile:

Ok cool, just upgraded today. Thanks

Why do current Plus users have to pay extra to upgrade to Prime, but users who have never paid for Insync can get Prime for free within the next week? https://www.insynchq.com/free Why are current paid Insync accounts ineligible for this?

1 Like

Yeah!
I’m a VERY VERY EARLIER user of Insync (2013) and I think that we should have some attractive promotion for us.
It’s not fare.

1 Like

Absolutely.

There are A LOT of paid users with early accounts, and forum members who provide feedback on enhancements and bug reports and all we get is a 30% discount – while brand new members get it completely free? This is pretty ridiculous. I can go create a brand new GMail account and then sign up for Insync Prime for free, yet my existing accounts (GSuite included), which has been paid for years gets shafted? C’mon.

What is the actual rationale behind this, if nothing more than increasing user base numbers?

2 Likes

First I upgrade willingly, then I have notification of free insync prime, it’s really drop my morale

I thought something was wrong on the offer page. Now realizing that it was not. I paid for Pro and now I am supposed to pay again for Prime. While someone who has never paid can get Prime for free? Who is coming up with these ideas?

1 Like

very disappointed with the free giveaway for new users which does not sound fair at all to the existing users !!! :cry:

Hello Insync,

I got an error “Your gmail account is already a paid Insync account.” while trying to upgrade to the free Prime account. Does that mean because I have paid you the money earlier so I am not entitled to get the offer? If yes, kindly process the refund to me and remove me from the paid account so that I shall be able to get the free Prime account. Appreciate your kind consideration on this. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Very confused. We have the Google apps version, paying $200 per year for 10 licenses. Is there any reason to upgrade to “Prime”? I would assume we would get “free updates” as long as we are paying the subscription fee. is that not correct?

Well, I had the same thoughts, until I tried to use the “free Prime in the next week” promotion with another gmail account I have.
It turns out that the free Prime account is really a free Prime account for 15 days.
That surely straightens the situation for those having bought a Plus account in the past (I’m one of those very early adopters), but I’m quite ashamed by the nearly scam-my nature of the promotional message from Insync, where they clearly talk about a free account, not a free trial.

The new Prime plan doesn’t affect Pro or Business plans as you get the free updates automatically. So you don’t have to actually do anything unless you want to convert all your Business users over to Prime and pay the one-time fee.

The free Prime account is actually a free Prime account forever :slight_smile:

If your other gmail account is only saying 15 days, then that’s a bug.

@Cris70, I’ve sent an email to the free Prime redeemers that were sent the trial email by mistake. Rest assured that your Prime (and others who redeemed) won’t expire :slight_smile:

Why do current Plus users have to pay extra to upgrade to Prime, but users who have never paid for Insync can get Prime for free within the next week? https://www.insynchq.com/free Why are current paid Insync accounts ineligible for this?
Yeah!
I’m a VERY VERY EARLIER user of Insync (2013) and I think that we should have some attractive promotion for us.
It’s not fare.

Any answer to this?

2 Likes

My apologies and understand your frustration.

We will be releasing an email soon with an update and an explanation as to what happened and its resolution.

2 Likes