[workaround provided] Insync stopped starting automatically (Fedora 34, KDE)

Hey, I want to thank you for this post. This is the only way I’ve been able to get Insync to autostart under Fedora Kinoite. Hopefully we can get this fixed in the not so distant future. Is this a KDE or an Insync problem? I’ve been about to get Insync to autostart on previous versions of KDE.

1 Like

According to this and this Reddit post, this is a systemd problem which is fixed in systemd 250. For those on Fedora, we should get this update when Fedora 36 releases somewhere around April 19th.

1 Like

Thanks for this lead, @aaylnx! I have forwarded this to our engineers for reference as well

Hi, I’ve also been having this issue with KDE Neon. @Achilleas workaround is what I’m currently using to get Insync to successfully start-up.

I’ve noted that this should be fixed in systemd 250, but I think this is only coming to KDE Neon around August or September, when it gets upgraded to the latest LTS 22.04 version of Ubuntu.

I’m just wondering if we’ll have to wait for the Ubuntu LTS fix, or is it possible to get an updated & fully working Insync on KDE Neon by then?

Let me forward your question to our Linux team and I’ll update you here, @Paul_W :slight_smile:

@Paul_W Per our engineer, it seems like we would need to wait for the Ubuntu LTS fix since it’s an issue with the system autostart

1 Like

@mia - Thanks for your help with this. I guess I’ll sit tight until August then :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like