1.4.3 Ubuntu LINUX goes 90+% cpu, I renice it

When I get a slow PC occasionall, sometimes I see insync over 99% on top, so I kill it and restart it nice -19. Consider making insync nice -19 all the time. Soms apps actually do better nice, as they get larger timeslices.

1 Like

Hi @David_Pickett,

Thank you for reaching out! :slight_smile: Could you send your log files to support@insynchq.com with the link of this post? We’ll need to investigate what’s causing your CPU spike. :slight_smile:

Hi @David_Pickett could you copy and paste their response here? I’m noticing a similar issue with ubuntu but mine is hard to reproduce. Thanks

I see a lot of insync cpu usage when no files are in flux. Now on 3.8.7.50516

I have parallel directories where Insync does 2 way sync with Google Drive, and the files there are hard links to those in my normal dirs, I may make the normal dirs symbolic links to the Insync dirs, but right now I am happy with the separation, and a daily batch program that syncs new files up and reports on any differences, which I resolve weekly.

For the newbies, a directory is a specially flagged file with just file names and inode numbers or things in it. FIles can be listed by inode number in many directories of any device. Inode numbers are only sufficient inside the same device. Directories are only hard linked in their parent, as “.” in themselves and as “…” in any children. A symbolic link is another kind of special file, providing a replacement path, either relative or absolute. You can link with symbolic links between devices or link directories. Some apps stumble when a symbolic link is where a flat file or directory is expected, as some stat system calls go through and some tell the app about the symbolic link.

1 Like