Another request for openSUSE repositories

Hi,

I have seen previous threads about having a dedicated openSUSE repository and although workarounds have been discussed none of them are ideal. For example, I am running openSUSE Leap and have not managed to get the Fedora repositories to work for me (one of the workarounds).

Instead, I install from the Fedora 17-20 rpm which works but there are two issues:

1. I have to manually check for updated versions.

2. There seems to be a wrinkle or two with the rpm as it takes a long time to complete and generates a few warnings while doing so (example output log attached) although everything appears to be working.

I realise that this would be extra work and would probably require two additional repositories (Leap - stable openSUSE, and one for the rolling distribution - tumbleweed, since users seem to be split between the two) but openSUSE is a popular distribution and it feels like it is treated as a second class citizen by insync at the moment.

Alternatively, could we get clear instructions on getting the fedora repositories working with the current openSUSE releases?

Regards,
Brian

Installation log:

user:~> sudo zypper in Downloads/insync-1.3.4.36059-fc17.x86_64.rpm
root’s password:
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
insync

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 66.5 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 169.3 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/? shows all options] (y):
Retrieving package insync-1.3.4.36059-fc17.x86_64 (1/1), 66.5 MiB (169.3 MiB unpacked)
Checking for file conflicts: …[done]
(1/1) Installing: insync-1.3.4.36059-fc17 …[done]
Additional rpm output:
warning: waiting for exclusive lock on /var/lib/rpm/Packages
error: cannot get exclusive lock on /var/lib/rpm/Packages
error: cannot open Packages index using db4 - Operation not permitted (1)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
error: -: key 1 import failed.
which: no zenity in (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
No protocol specified
Error: Can’t open display: :0
Unknown media type in type ‘all/all’
Unknown media type in type ‘all/allfiles’
fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 1048576
Insync installation has finished. You may now start it.

3 Likes

Will be tagging our engineer @lpugoy in this and he will get back to you :smile:

@primalbrian: Apologies for the trouble. As it is we’re working on other priorities at the moment. If some time frees up I’ll take a look but I won’t promise anything.

1 Like

I’d like to chime in: The state of insync for OpenSuse is not good. I could not get it to work until now neither, tried the downloadable installer and adding the fedora repo. The latter fails due to the glib error primalbrian mentioned and the installer package won’t even start on CLI (does not give an error neither). Installed the glibc from Tumbleweed - did not help neither…

linux:~ # zypper in insync
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
  insync

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 62.6 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 159.1 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/? shows all options] (y): 
Retrieving package insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64                                                                 (1/1),  62.6 MiB (159.1 MiB unpacked)
Retrieving: insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64.rpm ......................................................................................[done (4.4 MiB/s)]
insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64.rpm:
    Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 080ad8c4: NOKEY
    V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 080ad8c4: NOKEY

insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64 (insync): Signature verification failed [4-Signatures public key is not available]
Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): i
Checking for file conflicts: ....................................................................................................................[done]
(1/1) Installing: insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21 ......................................................................................................[error]
Installation of insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21 failed:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: warning: /var/cache/zypp/packages/insync/x86_64/insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 080ad8c4: NOKEY
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/insync/faulthandler-2.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg: cpio: rename failed - Is a directory
error: insync-1.3.4.36059-fc21.x86_64: install failed

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): i
linux:~ # 

I’ll spend some more time with this tomorrow, but I also find the lack of a repo annoying and would appreciate if you could do something in that direction…

@eggsperde: Have you tried running sudo rpm --import https://d2t3ff60b2tol4.cloudfront.net/repomd.xml.key?

@lpugoy: Adding the key worked, but I have not pursued this topic further. Took an older, portable version of insync and that runs perfectly.

I’d like to confirm that importing the key as described by @ipugoy and installing the Fedora 17-20 rpm works without issues on Opensuse Leap. But since the builds are so similar it should be easy to provide an OpenSuse repo for the sake of convenience and easy updates.

Happy New Year, anyway! :smile:

I am back on the questionable machine with OpenSuse Leap: Downloading & Installing the Fedora.rpm works well. Insync does not start though. There is no output on the commandline, but a file is created (~/.config/insync/out.txt) with the following content:

Fontconfig error: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf”, line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf”, line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf”, line 78: saw unknown, expected number
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 62: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 70: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 78: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 86: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 94: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 102: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 110: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 118: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 126: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 134: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 142: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 150: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 158: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 166: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 174: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 182: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 190: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 198: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 206: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 214: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 222: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 230: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 238: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 248: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 256: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 264: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 272: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 280: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 288: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 296: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 304: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 312: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 320: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 328: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 336: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 344: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 352: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 360: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 368: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 376: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 387: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 395: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 403: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 411: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 421: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 429: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 437: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 445: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 459: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 467: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 476: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 485: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 494: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 504: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 513: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 523: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 533: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 545: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 553: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 564: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 575: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 583: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 591: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 599: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 607: bad alias
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
insync.py: cannot connect to X server :0

@lpugoy: Any recommendation how to go on from here?

@eggsperde: Apologies for not replying sooner. The line at the end suggests that you are trying to run Insync in a non-GUI environment. If this is the case please use insync-headless instead or run Insync with insync start --headless.

No worries about the delay!

But I tried that on a regular KDE desktop in a terminal, because the GUI did not come up.

@eggsperde: I tested this on a fully updated openSUSE Leap VM using the Fedora 17 build of Insync 1.3.5 and it worked in my case.

The “GUI” version of insync is crashing repeatedly on openSUSE Leap 42.1 under GNOME (when launched either using the .desktop file or ‘insync start’). When I launch insync-headless it seems to run better (but the files in the GUI do not get badged).

I am not sure how to get log files or debug info for insync to determine exactly why it is crashing.

@roncterry: Please try disabling notifications as a workaround to resolve the crashes. Are you using the most recent version of Insync?

I’m using GeckoLinux Cinnamon, which is basically openSUSE LEAP 42.1 with the cinnamon desktop environment.
I can’t get Insync to launch in GUI-mode (haven’t tested headless), the error I get is the following:

Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf”, line 78: saw unknown, expected number
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 62: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 70: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 78: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 86: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 94: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 102: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 110: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 118: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 126: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 134: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 142: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 150: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 158: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 166: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 174: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 182: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 190: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 198: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 206: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 214: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 222: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 230: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 238: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 248: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 256: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 264: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 272: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 280: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 288: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 296: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 304: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 312: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 320: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 328: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 336: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 344: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 352: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 360: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 368: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 376: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 387: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 395: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 403: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 411: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 421: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 429: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 437: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 445: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 459: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 467: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 476: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 485: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 494: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 504: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 513: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 523: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 533: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 545: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 553: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 564: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 575: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 583: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 591: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 599: bad alias
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-metric-aliases.conf”, line 607: bad alias
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
insync.py: cannot connect to X server :0

@W0153R: Is the DISPLAY environment variable set in your case? Please confirm by running env | grep DISPLAY. If it is not try running export DISPLAY=:0 before running Insync.

My DISPLAY environment variable is set according to env & echo:

~> env | grep DISPLAY
DISPLAY=:0
~> echo $DISPLAY
:0

Last night I got insync-headless working and activated autostart. Today at first boot it worked again so I stopped it, after doing the above commands, and tried to launch the GUI with “DISPLAY=:0 insync start” and that worked too! But then I rebooted (without changing anything about the autostart)…and nothing was running. Without messing around I get the following error:

~> insync-headless get_status
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “main__insync.py”, line 114, in ipc_insync
File “socket.py”, line 224, in meth
error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I can get it running with “insync-headless start” but not the GUI and after another reboot again no autostart.

@W0153R: When you reboot and Insync is not running, please run insync start --no-daemon to output the error in the terminal. Please check if the error message is different if you run insync-headless start --no-daemon as well.

insync start --no-daemon gives me the error like I posted at first.
insync-headless start --no-daemon just starts insync like the following:
ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for Notify
which: no kreadconfig in (/usr/lib/insync:/home/wouter/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games)
INFO 2016-05-24 15:22:54,949 [init:info:1600] insync version: 1.3.8.36087
INFO 2016-05-24 15:22:54,951 [init:info:1600] client created <ideskmain.client.Client object at 0x33ec210>
INFO 2016-05-24 15:22:54,952 [init:info:1600] unix socket server thread start
INFO 2016-05-24 15:22:54,953 [init:info:1600] starting client
INFO 2016-05-24 15:22:54,961 [init:info:1600] LinuxFSWatcher._start
INFO 2016-05-24 15:22:54,962 [init:info:1600] Inotify loop enter
INFO 2016-05-24 15:22:54,986 [init:info:1600] Syncing GDUser(id=u’’, email=u’’, name=u’’).
INFO 2016-05-24 15:22:55,564 [init:info:1600] watch origin: /home//Google Drive
INFO 2016-05-24 15:22:55,868 [init:info:1600] GDUser(id=u’
’, email=u’
’, name=u’***’) (existing) is now being synced.
^CINFO 2016-05-24 15:23:10,911 [init:info:1600] calling quit in platform_impl
INFO 2016-05-24 15:23:10,912 [init:info:1600] unix socket server thread stop
INFO 2016-05-24 15:23:10,914 [init:info:1600] Stopping GD syncer…
INFO 2016-05-24 15:23:10,915 [init:info:1600] LinuxFSWatcher._stop
INFO 2016-05-24 15:23:11,140 [init:info:1600] GD syncer stopped.
INFO 2016-05-24 15:23:11,180 [init:info:1600] clean exit

@W0153R: What is the output of xhost? If your username is not included in the output please try running xhost +local:<your username> then start Insync.

1 Like

The output from xhost was just “access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect” and xhost +local:USER did the trick! So I added that to my ~/.profile and now it works but I don’t understand why other programs don’t need it and Insync does.

Also my output from xhost is now:
access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
LOCAL:
while I specified my username, any clue to why that is?