Changing InSync settings running Ubuntu with simple Gnome Desktop

I have installed Insync on my Ubuntu remote server and linked it to my Google account. So, far, no files have been uploaded to my Google Drive. Nor is there a place where I can check my settings from my remote desktop. When I try to open Insync, it says that it is already running and will quit now - but there is no place to check settings or syncing. I do not have a tray for running applications on my desktop… So, how do I open Insync to check settings and configuration?

I’ve been using Insync for a while now and I have this exact same problem. A quick google search for “insync icon gnome” shows that back in 2017 people were having this issue when gnome did away with system tray icons. Still waiting on an update…

Hi @Visionweaver (sorry for the late reply!) and @Alexander_Sosa,

Could you try the workaround on this post? Insync no longer works on Fedora 28

If the issue still persists, please send us your logs with the link to this post. :slight_smile: Thank you!

Neither TopIcons or TopIcons Plus shows the tray icon. $ insync show works, which is primarily what I wanted, so thank you! I’ll provide the logs via email regardless.

Got your logs. Thanks for updating me. :slight_smile:

How to change the location of your Insync folder
Click on your Google Account on the top bar to reveal the Account View. …
Click on Folder Settings. …
To change the location of your folder, click on Move after the current default file path.
And select a location, remember to select a location outside of your Insync folder then confirm the location in the app.