Does adding another Google Drive account to existing InSync client take another license?

Continuing the discussion from How to add multiple Google accounts:

Hi there,

I’m just wondering if it would take another license if I was to add 2 separate Google accounts to the same InSync installation (that already has one license).

Best,
Mikhail Nitko

Depends on your chosen package, if you choose Plus, you will need another license. If you choose Pro, you can have one license for 3 accounts.

Here is our pricing page for reference: https://www.insynchq.com/pricing

We have the Business edition tier, which is shown as higher tier than the Pro edition, but the number of accounts you can have goes down to 1, just like the lowest (Plus) tier.

Is this intentional?

I am not sure what you mean by “but the number of accounts you can have goes down to 1” I checked your current subscription and it has 8 slots (all filled up). Can you please clarify? :slight_smile:

What I mean is with respect to the three tiers of service you can buy.

The Plus tier, which comes with one google account you can add to your InSync client.

The Pro tier, which comes with three google accounts you can add to your InSync client.

The Business tier, which is reduced (from the Pro tier) to just one google account that you can add to your InSync client.

The reason I ask is that some of our users (and we are all on Business edition) inquired about connecting both their Work and Personal google accounts on the client, because Dropbox (which they currently use) allows them to have both Work and Personal dropbox connected to the same client.

You can have two licenses connected to your Insync application, so if you have business@gmail.com in the business subscription, you can connect personal@gmail.com with another license. However, you will have to purchase another license from Insync to do so :slight_smile:

So what exactly is the benefit of using this tool and paying a one time $25 fee, let alone a recurring fee yearly since it’s just a client.

I have 7 personal segregated gmail accounts, if there was a package that let me sync all 7 in an affordable manner, I would be interested in making a purchase.

However as far as i can tell, right now to sync multiple accounts, you charge on a per account basis which to me is absurd since only one account would be the primary and the other’s would be subsets of the main.