External HD capabilities for archiving purposes

I am a Google Apps subscriber and have unlimited space on my Google Drive account. As a photographer I want to keep storage in the could (Google My Drive online) and not bog down/fill my internal HD on my iMac. I would still like to sync my photo storage from an external HD to my Google Drive storage account so that when adding or removing files from the external HD, it syncs with the cloud (Google Drive/My Drive).

Is this possible? Or do I just store my photos on an external HD locally plugged into my iMac? It would be great to sync one particular folder to my Google Drive account cloud storage and not have it also sync on my local HD.

I still want to continue using Google Drive to sync other (non-photo) files with my Drive account but not the thousands of photos I have. It would fill my internal HD needlessly.

I FOUND THIS THREAD but it doesn’t answer my question completely…

The person posting (Khaled_Adjerid) wants to do what I want to do. Sync one particular folder not on the internal HD but rather something stored on an external HD without having to use the internal HD to do so.

It’s amazing that this simple question is so difficult to research!

CAN I SYNC A FOLDER STORED ON AN EXTERNAL HD TO MY GOOGLE DRIVE ACCOUNT/STORAGE WHILE STILL SYNCING THE REST OF MY INTERNAL HD FILES TO GOOGLE DRIVE AS NORMAL???

Thanks!

My question is similar - can I sync multiple folders - including one on my Macbook and multiple on an external USB drive?

Yes, you may, but once the USB/external drive is disconnected, Insync will show an error and it will resume syncing once it is connected again.

Thank you. Happy New Year!