Have a not to upload and/or download option for Selective Sync

The Ignore List is a nice feature that we have choices on whether to upload or download. But it has two shortcomings:

1. Only those folders/files with a name extension can be specified. It would be better to use regular expressions to match the names (this has been suggested by others).

2. According to my observation, when started Insync compares EVERY folder/file against Ignore List and after such a process is done it then starts sync’ing (correct me if I’m wrong). Such a process takes a long time if the number of folders/files matching those in the Ignore List is great.

For the second problem, Selective Sync may come as a rescue. If a folder is selected not to sync, Insync does not have to examine its content at all, hence may save a lot of time. However, currently Selective Sync retains the folders/files on Google Drive and deletes the local copies, which makes the above performance improvement impossible.

I would suggest that Insync also provide the following options for Selective Sync, that is:

do not upload or download
do not upload
do not download

1 Like

Hello @yltang I have looked through your requests and have +1 you with these requests. Thank you! :smile:

Thank you @yltang, I was just thinking about something like that.
I would like to have a “hotfolder” that just uploads everything thats dropped into it and deletes afterwards.
For uploading of rendered photos - I don’t need them locally, but they have to be on Google Drive …

What do you think @jaduenas?

1 Like

This seems like a useful suggestion, being a former graphic artist myself, I understand how much space raw files take, I will also add this to our feature requests seeing how useful it maybe for retaining HD space, thanks @8am :smile:

@8am, such a function is just like one-way backup (there are already such suggestions) plus an option of automatic deletion of local files.