Insync 1.2.6 slows reboot and shutdown

Hi,
If Insync 1.2.6 is running in Kubuntu 14.04.2 system shutdown
will be about 10 seconds slower than if Insync is not running.
So Insync causes slowdown to both reboot and shutdown.

This case turns up when Insync updates to 1.2.6 version with new UI, older versions works fine.

How I can investigate what causes this slowdown?

I have noticed the same issue on Arch Linux Xfce desktop (also with Insync 1.2.6). As far as I can tell, the problem seems to be that the insync process is not exiting properly when the session ends and that is causing the slowdown.

In fact, the process doesn’t exit at all for me. If I logout and login, insync informs me that another insync app is already running and then exits. I’m at the point where I’m running pkill insync on every login just to get it to start correctly.

Thanks, Charles for the tip on using pkill. I’m using Linux Mint 17.1 and experiencing the same issues with version 1.2.6.

@raimo @Charles_Bos @tahon50 Please send us your logs.db and out.txt file to support@insynchq.com and please include the link of this post. How to find the log files

I have cc’d @lpugoy our Linux engineer.

Thank you. :smile:

Does this always happen or just from time to time? Also, does this happen in 1.2.6 only or also in other versions like 1.25 or 1.2.4?

Yes, it happens every time in shutdown or reboot (and logout too).
I don’t have those older versions anymore so can’t test.
And I think my update system jumps several versions over. Can’t even remember there was 1.2.5.
But first time I noticed it happend is 1.2.6.

It always happens. 100% reproducible. I cannot speak for 1.2.4 or 1.2.5 but I know this didn’t happen in 1.2.3.

@raimo @Charles_Bos @tahon50 Thanks for the report. A similar thread has already been opened here. We’ll look into this soon.

Same issue on linux mint 17.1 (Ubuntu 14.04).
I had to run a script before shutdown that kill insync.