Insync 64bit for Mac

Is there already a road map when insync for mac will be available in a 64 bit version? When insync is started, the following message appears: “App is not optimized for your Mac”.

2 Likes

No news about it !!? :frowning:

Got this Mac alert too…

And this morning, Insync stopped working altogether!

When booted, Insync crashes (after update to 1.4.6). I did a reinstall, same behaviour.

Tagging our engineer @marte for assistance.

We are having this problem too

Hi @gjoris

Could you please try to downgrade to 1.3.24 in the meantime and let me know if this version is working?

Hi all–

My apologies for the trouble. :frowning:

As per our engineer, for backwards-compatibility with older versions, we’re still 32-bit. But rest assured that we plan to eventually migrate to 64-bit, while dropping support for some very old versions of MacOS.

If you guys encounter any further issues, please send us an email at support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. Kindly include all relevant details such as those found here. Thank you!

Hi @mia , I already upgraded to the latest version on the website and that seems to work fine, at least for now. No downgrading needed :wink:

1 Like

10.15 will drop support for 32 bit applications. In the the beta, it Insync is already not working anymore.

No worries…Insync 3 will be 64-bit only on Macs :slight_smile:

Will there be an accelerated timeline for deploying Insync 3 publicly to stable channels in light of macOS dropping support for 32 bit Insync 1?

Or will there be a 64bit version of Insync 1 in the interim to allow users to use Insync 1 and the features that are currently unimplemented in Insync 3 (for example Docs conversion) when running macOS 10.15 Catalina?

Insync 3 will be publicly available before formal macOS 10.15 release

1 Like