New Insync version: 1.3.24

This is our last 1.3 version before everyone is updated to 1.4.

Release notes:

• Increased number of concurrent uploads/downloads.
  • Fixed some temporary files used for downloading (.insyncdl) not being deleted.
  • Fixed error dialog when changing location of Insync folder.
  • Added more backwards compatibility for Insync version 1.4.

Windows
Mac

Linux:

Please help us test.

Thanks!

1 Like

Version compiled with glibc 2.22 or even older is seriously needed for Linux. This would ensure Insync could be used on enterprise grade distros.
And btw - what’s the point of using those newer glibc? I’m pretty sure it would compiled on older versions (as previously Insync did) and glibc is backward compatible not forward. If you compile with older version it would work on newer.

@Przemek_Jeske Thanks for the feedback. We’ve encountered (and have had reports) of some crashes and incompatibilities when building on older distributions, which is why we’ve switched to building on newer versions.

By the way, we have builds on Ubuntu 14.04 which should have a version of glibc < 2.22. The portable and headless debs are also build on Debian 7 :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have further questions or if none of our current packages work for your use case.

@jimperio : ok, where can I find builds for glibc < 2.22? Will you provide such builds for 1.4?
If not sadly it will mean I’ll have to say goodbye to Insync :frowning: .
I’m on enterprise grade distro - it is not old by any means. But such distros don’t take all the latest and greatest - they settle on tested and stable instead. So Insync built on proven glibc, not only the latest ones would be beneficial.

Hi, is there an ARM/armel/Raspberry Pi download of 1.3.24 please?
Thanks!
Dave

Hi! Apologies for not responding sooner. We do not have a 1.3.24 download but you can use 1.3.17 found here: http://d2t3ff60b2tol4.cloudfront.net/test_builds/armel/insync-armel_1.3.17.36167_i386.tar.bz2

Let me know if you’re having any trouble. :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I already have 1.3.17.36167 and found some problems, that’s why I was looking for a more recent version. For example Not syncing, UNLINKED; but still knows account details which never got a solution.