Insync-headless "Internal Server Error"

Ubuntu 14.04
insync-headless version 1.3.3.36056-pr

After re-enabling the synchronisation of a folder on Google Drive (my google photos folder), insync headless downloaded the first 134GB of data, but has stuck on a file that throws up an error:

insync-headless get_status reports ‘ERROR’
insync-headless get_errors reports

Can't process 20151016_063839.mp4 - Internal Server Error

I have tried restarting insync a number of times, and deleting the temp file (a zero byte file called .~$20151016_063839.mp4.insyncdl)

but no joy: it just sticks again.

Will tag our engineer @lpugoy in this and he will get back to you :smile:

@Dominic: Please send your logs to support@insynchq.com for investigation: How to find the log files.

The log files contain an awful lot of values like access tokens, my email address and other long unique values like direct download links…

Does the data in the logs give you enough information to access my files? The item that insync choked on is a video of my kids, which I would want to be kept private.

I can see that the access token seems to change each time it’s logged, but I’d prefer to be sure, and I haven’t looked through all the fields.

Thanks for letting me know.

P.S. there are a number of files in the .config/Insync folder Do you really need them all? The folder is 556MB, which is too much to email.

@Dominic: You could send the files logs.db and out.txt only. They contain less sensitive information than the files under the dbs folder.

Sorry to be a pain, but can you define ‘less sensitive information’?
Would the information in these files give someone the ability to access my Google Drive contents?

@Dominic: By less sensitive I mean that they only contain file names (when they are included in an error traceback) and your email accounts. They don’t have direct download links and access tokens.

They can’t be used to access your Google Drive contents. You could check their contents yourself. The logs.db file is an sqlite3 db while out.txt is just a text file.

It’s been a while since I sent my logs in, and I’ve got no synchronisation until this is fixed.
Any thoughts on what the issues are?

I’m having the exact same issue. Also an mp4 file.

@disptr
for what it’s worth, in my case, I also couldn’t download the file from Google Drive using the web interface.
Strangely enough, I could download it using the Google Photos web interface.

So it wasn’t an insync problem.
(I do still have some issues with selective sync, though, but I don’t know whether or not they’re related.)

Exact same thing for me.

It seems like Insync is syncing everything else, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

I’m my case, I’ve tracked down the fact that my other files aren’t synching to the fact that a significant number of files are individually deselected in the selective sync interface.

I don’t know what caused them to be deselected, but I suspect that it’s not related to the file that wouldn’t download (there’s one other possible cause).
I’m waiting for a response from insync over email. (To be fair to them, it has been Christmas.)

@disptr: Apologies for not replying sooner. Please send your logs to support@insynchq.com for investigation as well.