New to Insync - A Couple of Questions

As I’m new to Insync and would like to ask…

1. I take it that the the ‘Master’ for files is my computer (and/or the file son any external hard drives) as I’m thinking that if Insync is syncing between my computer and Google Drive if there’s a file not on Google Drive but is on my computer I don’t want Insync to delete the file from my computer but to upload the file to Google Drive? (I’m using Insync to sync lots of images and I don’t want to loose any)

2. If Insync does delete any files where do they go to?

3. I downloaded and installed Insync yesterday and when I went to bed it still had 43,000 files in the Feed; this morning it had over 83,000 files in the Feed and this number is getting larger, not smaller. What’s going on?

1. Yes, this is possible. To add files that is locally available and sync to Google Drive, please use the “Add to Insync” feature. How to sync folders outside of the Insync folder
  2. If your files is accidentally deleted you may retrieved those deleted file in the .insync-trash folder How to retrieve lost or deleted files
  3. Insync is indexing across your files before it will start syncing. Initial sync may take some time. Please let Insync run continuously.

Let me know if this helps.