Nonetype object has no attribute mtime

I have 5903 errors with the message nonetype object has no attribute mtime. Should I be concerned that my files are not being synced. How do I resolve this?

Hello @spinky, we have identified a similar problem where we’ll have a fix in the next release. In the meantime, can you retry them to resolve the errors and continue the syncing?

@marte, FYI, I have a similar error ("NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘mtime’ ") for some objects (I think) in a Git repository that I’m syncing to Google Drive today (12/22). This is the first time I’ve tried syncing a Git repository.

Stopping and restarting Insync seemed to clear the error list but not sure if the objects in question really were synced. I’ll wait to hear more about the fix in the next release.

I had the same problem. My mac has turned off because of having low battery level. Since then insync has showed a big number of similar errors. Now it sends all my data to Gdrive, even though there’re synced and unmodified.

I have the same problem - thousands of errors with the message “nonetype object has no attribute mtime”. You did not address whether we should be concerned that our files are not being synced. Are they?

I have same problem here since today :frowning: Any solutions ??

Thanks

Hi @Dave_FitEyes @Vincen @pawelz @tborg will be tagging our engineers here and they will get back to you @marte @jimperio @lpugoy @dipesh

1 Like

We’ll have a release addressing this issue soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi. I am up to 22,000 errors and counting. This is only occurring on one of many computers attached to this account. When is the ETA for fix, please? Will it help to uninstall Insync and start over? Thank you.

Can you try the new release (1.3.5) here and see if it works? Thanks.

Thanks for the quick turn. I completed a full uninstall (mac) and then downloaded and reinstalled freshly downloaded 1.3.3.36056 a couple hours ago. Am resynchronizing with the old data folders now and it’s going well (only 118K files to go which, as you know will take hours).

Plan at present is to upgrade to 1.3.5 when this process completes (I am hesitant to install 1.35 over top of 1.3.3 while in the middle of the resynchronization process. Do you advise to do it now?

Thanks, again.

@pcd550TT: If you’re not affected by the issues fixed in 1.3.5 (in this particular case, it seems that you don’t), then you can just upgrade later.