New Insync version: 1.3.5

Release notes:

• When a file or folder is not deleted successfully locally, Insync now presents an ‘Actions Required’ error where the user can opt to locate the file (e.g. in order to inspect it) or retry deleting (e.g. after permissions are fixed).
  • Fixed “‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘mtime’” errors.
  • Fixed “GDAdder object has no attribute ‘_md5’” errors.
  • (Windows) System files and folders are now being ignored. This also fixed the issue of Recycle Bin folders being synced.
  • (Mac) Improved the reliability of the Finder sync extension. Also fixed the issue of the extension being re-enabled even if it’s already explicitly disabled by the user.
  • (Mac) Added ‘Add to Insync’ service in context menu because it was not present in OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) due to a change introduced in that version.

Windows
Mac
Ubuntu 13.10 and older: 64 bit, <a href="http://s.insynchq.com/builds/insync_1.3.5.36069-precise_i386.deb"32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Ubuntu 14.04 and newer: 64 bit, <a href="http://s.insynchq.com/builds/insync_1.3.5.36069-trusty_i386.deb"32 bit
Debian: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora 20 and older: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora 21 and newer: 64 bit, 32 bit
Portable: 64 bit, 32 bit

Please help us test.

Thanks!

I’ve just downloaded this version on Fedora release 21 (Twenty One) but when i try to run it from command line I have the following error:

$ insync start
/usr/bin/insync: line 3: /usr/lib/insync/insync: No such file or directory**

Then, I tried to run ‘sudo yum install insync’ and I got the following:

Downloading packages:
insync-1.3.5.36069-fc21.x86_64.rpm | 63 MB 00:00:10
Running transaction check
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded
Running transaction (shutdown inhibited)
Installing : insync-1.3.5.36069-fc21.x86_64 1/1
Error unpacking rpm package insync-1.3.5.36069-fc21.x86_64
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/insync/faulthandler-2.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg: cpio: rename
Verifying : insync-1.3.5.36069-fc21.x86_64 1/1

Failed:
insync.x86_64 0:1.3.5.36069-fc21

Complete!

Then I tried the solution here and I got:

Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
Installing : insync-1.3.5.36069-fc21.x86_64 1/1
Error unpacking rpm package insync-1.3.5.36069-fc21.x86_64
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/insync/faulthandler-2.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg: cpio: rename
insync-1.3.5.36069-fc21.x86_64 was supposed to be installed but is not!
Verifying : insync-1.3.5.36069-fc21.x86_64 1/1

Installed:
insync.x86_64 1.3.5.36069-fc21

Complete!

But again when I try $ insync start
I get: /usr/bin/insync: line 3: /usr/lib/insync/insync: No such file or directory

Sorry, Im not an expert on linux.
Any ideas?

@Vitor_Santos: Were you upgrading from a previous Insync version? I tested upgrading from 1.3.4 and it worked in my case.

I’m not sure which version I had before.
2 months ago I started to use fedora (ubuntu before) and I immeditaly installed insync, probably it was the newest version by that time because i remember I used yum.
It was apparently working fine then, but it stopped working recently and was when I decided to update it to see if it would solve the problem and it continues to not work.
Any idea on what should I do? I don’t know what to try anymore.
Cheers

@Vitor_Santos: I see. Just to confirm, these are the commands you ran:
sudo yum -y remove insync
sudo rm -r /usr/lib/insync
sudo yum install insync

Could you paste here the output for the commands above?

Hi, it seems to be working now!
Not sure what I missed before (i think the rm line).
Thanks a lot!

@Vitor_Santos: That’s good. Let us know if you encounter any more issues.

will there be a centos version

Hi @tino it’s on our downloads page (https://www.insynchq.com/downloads) but it’s on beta

I see a UI glitch. No folder icons in selective sync panel on Mac. If you click a name to open a folder the folder icon shows up. But not from start.

Thanks for looking into this, Jan

Mac OS X 10.11.3 / MBPR 15" mid-2015

I just installed this version on a new install of Debian Jessie, and the process is started, and I got to configure the installation via a chrome window that opened, but I’m not getting a tray icon, and it’s not syncing my files. Any ideas on what I could do?

Hello @janpeeters, thanks for letting us know about this issue, we’ll take a look at it.

@Dustin_Hess: Please send your logs to support@insynchq.com for investigation: How to find the log files. What desktop environment are you using?

@marte @jaduenas @lpugoy I have never seen a so buggy version of Insync. It freeze an iMac 27 5k with 64gb of ram and 4gb of gpu. The external drives (airport time capsule, last generation) on which my two insync folders are located have difficulties to been visualized, not showing the files.
I have connected my macbook air to both my airport time capsule and i can perfectly navigate in al the folders (insync folders too), so i can exclude that it’s a problem of my airport time capsules.
Quitting insync on my iMac DOES NOT fix the problem, I have to restart the iMac blocking insync to lunch at startup.

please find a fix

thank u all

This folder got stacked in sync, even if i selected to don’t sync it. I can’t even deleted or rename it from my air time capsule giving me error “An unexpected error occurred (error code -43).” or “You can’t copy the item “” because its name is too long or includes characters that are invalid on the destination volume.”

Update:

I was able to move the damage folder outside the insync folder (but still keep it inside the airport time capsule disk)

1. it’s anyway impossible to delete the damage folder, not even by terminal
  2. some files in insync subfolder didn’t appear…i had to force showing them by searching them in the manage folder of insync program

any idea or fix?

@Guido_Ricciuti For 1) what command do you use in the terminal to delete the damaged folder and what error does it give you? For 2) do you mean that some files don’t sync until you click on them on the selective sync UI?

Thanks for letting us know of your issues.

@marte first of all the folder “instagram photo i like”, once it was out from insync folder, had been renamed in “ppp” to don’t confuse me while I’m working.

1. First i tried with the directory/folder using:

sudo rmdir /Volumes/Data/ppp

terminal answer:

rmdir: /Volumes/Data/ppp: Directory not empty

Second I tried with a specific file in the directory/folder using:

sudo rm /Volumes/Data/ppp/Good\ night!!明日は辻堂駅近くでチャリティイベントに参加します。ペットの殺処分を0にする…0-1200でチャリティバザーを行います。これない方は、応援しててね!\ by\ marutaro.j

terminal answer:

rm: /Volumes/Data/ppp/Good night!!明日は辻堂駅近くでチャリティイベントに参加します。ペットの殺処分を0にする…0-1200でチャリティバザーを行います。これない方は、応援しててね! by marutaro.j: No such file or directory

1. yes exactly

thank u all

Hello @Guido_Ricciuti,

For 1), try doing sudo rm -r "/Volumes/Data/ppp" instead. Make sure that ppp is already backed up somewhere because that command will delete ppp without putting it to trash.

For 2), we’ve received similar results from some users and will have a fix soon.

Thanks.

Hi @marte

I tried with the command

sudo rm -r "/Volumes/Data/ppp"

terminal answer:

rm: /Volumes/Data/ppp/#runtofeelgood @hillsidecityclub yazarak koştuğun parkurdaki en iyi kareni paylaş!_.Ödüller çok büyük!…önüş uçuş✈️_✅ Şehrin en hip otellerinden birinde 2 gecelik konaklama_✅ Şehrin enfes maratonuna katıl.jpg\002: File name too long
rm: /Volumes/Data/ppp/Good night!!明日は辻堂駅近くでチャリティイベントに参加します。ペットの殺処分を0にする…0-1200でチャリティバザーを行います。これない方は、応援しててね! by marutaro.jp\001\001: File name too long
rm: /Volumes/Data/ppp: Directory not empty

I tried with the command

sudo rm -r /Volumes/Data/ppp

terminal answer:

rm: /Volumes/Data/ppp/#runtofeelgood @hillsidecityclub yazarak koştuğun parkurdaki en iyi kareni paylaş!_.Ödüller çok büyük!…önüş uçuş✈️_✅ Şehrin en hip otellerinden birinde 2 gecelik konaklama_✅ Şehrin enfes maratonuna katıl.jpg\002: File name too long
rm: /Volumes/Data/ppp: Directory not empty

maybe a team viewer session so that u can have a better/deeper look at the problem?

thank u

@Guido_Ricciuti, can you try this:

sudo find "/Volumes/Data/ppp" -d -delete

If it still doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll PM you details for a team viewer session. Thanks!