Trash time option

Totally in love with insync btw, however one thing drives me crazy:

If I upload files through insync and then move those files to a subfolder through the web interface of Google Drive (because i dont have this specific folder synced locally), insync will put those files in a hidden trash folder and keep it there for 30 days until its automatically deleted. This is really annoying if you upload a large amount of data to Drive through a Laptop that doesnt come with a lot of hard drive space. The computer will fill up although nothing “visible” is there. thats not a very clean approach.

This feature exists for situations when you delete something by accident, but even then its not ultimately gone, because Google Drive has a “restore Trash” function built in. Storing Trash locally for a month just doesnt add much, if anything at all.

So I would love to see an option for enabling and disabling the “trash” functionality inside insync, which in my opinion should be turned off by default. if you wanna get a little fancy add a duration option for the trash.

Thanks,
Paul

1 Like

Hi @Pietz we have it on our list to improve the features of Insync trash. This is something that has been brought up so I will +1 you on this request. As of the moment, here is a how-to to help you in accessing Insync trash: How to retrieve lost or deleted files

Thank you! :smile:

1 Like