20.04 - Files/Folders being deleted randomly

Since installing this version I am randomly losing files and folders!

I go back to Google and restore the folder, then 2 mins later it is deleted again.

I have thousands of files here and have no way of knowing what is been lost or retained. what is going on, this is a serious BUG and needs attention immediately

2 Likes

Hi @layolayo,

Could you let me know what your OS and Insync versions are as well as if these deleted files are from Shared Drives?

Please also send your logs to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post and include the following files in the folder:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • data folder
  • live folder

If these are too big for an attachment, feel free to send us a link so we can download these.

I’ve the same issue
Kubuntu 20.04, Windows 10 and Windows 7
sometimes, files disappear and I can’t find them even in trash
I’m very worried about this

Hi @Mauro_Miatello,

Could you specify which trash folder you look into-- is it on Google Drive, locally, or both? Furthermore, is it affecting Shared Drive/Sharepoint files?

Please also send your logs to support@insynchq.com (instructions can be found above) and include a link to this post. Thank you!

I’ve added Insync to a new linux client, then in Windows client I’ve found 1GB of data removed
I’m speaking of Google Drive, a folder Shared with me

I have the same problem on Onedrive client, at about 23:45 it sometimes randomly deletes files. I found them accidentaly in bin and have to restore them manually.
This is serious problem as I use Onedrive to do business stuff.
Ubuntu 20.04.2 in KDE NEON variant.

Hi @Tommy_CZ! My apologies for the huge trouble.

Could you please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? Those 2 files can be found by hovering on the 3 dots on the Insync app (upper right) > Help > Open log.

Please also include the full path of the deleted directory so we can check that in the logs. Thank you!

Hi, I’m having the same issue described here. I installed Insync a week or so ago, and in two occasions, once it finishes synchronizing the documents, it apparently erase them locally and in the cloud. Seeing the dates on the trash can in the cloud, it seems like it erased them once I turned off my PC.

I’m using Ubuntu 20.04.4 and InSync v3.7.6.50356.

The account is set for OneDrive with an email that is different from my email in InSync (I paid the license and registered my Gmail account, but I’m having trouble synchronizing OneDrive with my University account).

I already sent the logs.db, out.txt, data folder and live folder to the support email, as mentioned in this same thread.

I don’t attach the erased files because they are too many. It’s the entire folder that I keep at my One Drive account. In general, they are all located at the folder /home/felipe/Onedrive

The One Drive account it’s also synchronized in a PC with Windows 10 and the One Drive desktop program installed.

Please let me know if this is a fixed bug, or if it’s still on analysis, because I’m really worried of losing important data due to this situation.

Thanks a lot

Hi @fecapes,

Thank you for sending the log files our way. We’ll check this out for you and we do apologize for the trouble you’re facing!

It looks like I have the same problem since few days. Thought it is connected to the last update (see here: New Insync version: 3.7.7) and a change in the settings, but maybe it’s something different. I also think this is a critical bug since important files have been deleted.

Hi @gernophil,

We will look into this lead about the unsync setting to see if it’s related.

Upon checking on @fecapes’s log files however, it seems like Insync detected cloud deletions which triggered the local deletions; no local-to-cloud deletions were performed.