20.04 Insync GUI (version 3.7.7.50360) crashes

I’m on Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS. The insync daemon works fine and syncs files to the cloud but clicking on the taskbar icon to open the app window crashes both daemon and GUI.

This is a known bug that our engineers are checking out. In the meantime, please use v3.7.6 and let me know if it poses the same issues.

Thanks, downgrading to v3.7.6 works.

Please post a link to deb of 3.7.6 for Ubuntu 20.04
(I dont’t know how to downgrade otherwise).

1 Like

@ryszard Here you go: New Insync version: 3.7.6

Hello. I’m having the same exact issue on Pop OS 22.04. Is downgrading to 3.7.6 recommended for this Pop OS version as well? If so, do I do an uninstall of 3.7.7 (dpkg -r) followed by installation of 3.7.6, or will I need to do a purge (dpkg -P) first? I’m new to both Linux and Insync, my apologies if my questions are too basic. Thank you!

Same issue on elementary OS 6.1 (Ubuntu 20.04). For now, I can wait for a fix.

1 Like

Hi @markafter!

No worries at all – we appreciate all kinds of questions from our users :two_hearts: You would only need to uninstall 3.7.7 then run the 3.7.6 build.

Thank you for your patience, @watching_cat!

Uninstalling 3.7.7 and installing 3.7.6 works for me on elementary OS 6.1 (Ubuntu 20.04). This is maybe a stupid question but will Insync automatically upgrade back to 3.7.7 in the background? If so is there any way to stop it?

1 Like

Hi @chuby57,

Not a stupid question at all! Insync will not auto-update on Linux. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mia
Thanks for your reply. I realise now that Insync isn’t auto-updated as you say but it was listed to be updated with the manual system update. I issued the command sudo apt-mark hold insync which seems to block it. Can you inform us when the bug is fixed and I can issue the unhold command?
Thanks

Hi @chuby57,

Yes, we will make sure to inform our users via these related Forums thread and through email once the fixes have been deployed. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

1 Like

Hey all, please give these builds a try and let us know if the crashing issue persists:

Insync 3.7.8 for Linux users

I tried 3.7.8 but it crashes.

@spacem0nk3y Could you please send your logs.db and out.txt to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

Please also include the specific Insync build that you tried to install. Thank you!

Have sent the logs to support@insynchq.com

1 Like

Hi @spacem0nk3y

Can you run install ‘libgl1-mesa-dri’ package by running: ‘sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dri’?
And send us the output?

Thanks!

Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
libgl1-mesa-dri is already the newest version (21.2.2-1ubuntu1pop0~1634226723~20.04~b715ae2).
libgl1-mesa-dri set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

Hi @spacem0nk3y

Could you run ‘sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade’? And list here the output?

Thanks!