Add - OneDrive for Business

Please add the ability to connect my Mac to MSFT OneDrive for Business and make it better than the OD4B 4Mac client that MSFT has in Preview now.

1 Like

What features would you like that isn’t being provided by OneDrive app?

EDIT:
I would also add: From Finder Allow me to manage (CRUD) shared OD directories and their contents from others and with others. i.e., when someone shares a OD directory with me, allow me to bring that shared directory in to my local OD directory structure and manage files from there. If someone adds a file to the shared directory I’ll automagically have it updated on my local machine. Same for updates and deletions.
Right now the only way I can access and manage these directories is through the OD web interface.

The low hanging fruit:
1/ don’t be a resource hog - when running OD4M commands 90%+ of one CPU and bumps other cloud services to higher CPU rates
2/ allow me to manage OD file sharing from Insync - right mouse click to display and manage sharing options
3/ allow management of select files in a directory from insync
4/ don’t bother with in app (e.g., Office suite) file sharing - we can do that from Finder
5/ allow long file names to be stored (may be a OD l imitation)
6/ basically provide me with a way to interact with my corporate OD environment, but in a non-Microsoft way - I want to store/share/manage OD files and be a good, secure corporate citizen, I just don’t want OD on my Mac unless it gets 1000% better and 10,0000% faster.
@terpua - I am happy to discuss this offline with you and share with you the long list of OD4M issues and screen shots I am seeing. I’ve been sharing them with my IT team.
FWIW I’m not a ranter, just someone who likes stuff that works.
I am sure you can get my details and you have my permission to do so.
RobL

Linux support for OneDrive for Business would be a big value add to Insync considering there isn’t “offiical” support for linux.

Hi Terpua. any progress update on this feature request?

Sorry, none so far…

@terpua

Hi Terence, any update here? Is adding OneDrive Business on your roadmap? If so, how far down the priority list?

Thanks,

Rob

I would like to add my name to the list for OneDrive support. Insync is the BEST Google Apps sync out there, and I know you guys would do teh same for OneDrive. The Need for OneDrive support is growing and who better to meet the challenge.

I hope you guys can get this done, we really need it, The OD app is horrible.

I would also add the ability to have multiple accounts in OD, just like Google.

Thank you, Paul

p.s. I think it should work for personal and for business accounts.

@terpua - any news here?

I endorse the request of Insync to support OneDrive sync. In my case, it is due Linux. There is no descent onedrive linux client and InSync is the best I have used so far for Linux.

+1 for the onedrive option but not only buisiness but also for private one drive :relaxed:

Update: this is something we are looking into post 2.0.

1 Like

@terpua I know you said a few months ago that this will be looked at after the release of 2.0. I don’t have your product yet so I don’t know what version is currently out there. Any progress on this request?

None yet but it’s definitely on the list. It will be post 2.0, which is still in testing.

Anything on this yet? I have had to switch to odrive in order to sync additional cloud services like OneDrive and Amazon Cloud. Please add these as all of the native sync apps are extremely unreliable.

Adding additional cloud services are in the plans :slight_smile:

Any news on this, we use your app for all of our G-Suite clients and it’s amazing, we now have to support some OneDrive users and there is nothing out there link InSync - please start a beta program asap.

Can you describe your use case with clients?

Sure, we primarily want to install InSync on a Windows server and have it sync a local folder e.g. c:\shares\public to a OneDrive users folder, the goal being to then share that OneDrive storage out with various users that need to access data on the move and have everything sync both ways.

We already do this with InSync and G-Suite drive with great success.