Add support for Box.com

Do you have a plan to support box.com?
It’s widely used in enterprises and it’s not compatible with Linux and I’d be more than happy to pay the license, since the webdav approach is just bad, slow and almost unsable.
Last and not least, Box.com released an official API: https://github.com/box/box-python-sdk

cheers
Massimiliano

4 Likes

we’ll definitely look into it, but no ETA for Box.com as of now :slight_smile: thanks for letting us know about this

Just want to add a “me, too” to this. I just started working with a new lab that uses Box.com. This seriously hurts on Ubuntu. You people rock on Google Drive.

2 Likes

Ditto the “Me, too”. My university uses Box and I use Ubuntu Linux almost exclusively, but, of course, there is no native Box client for Linux. I’m using davfs, but it’s pretty bad - my system all but locks up everytime I try to launch a LibreOffice file. Your Google Drive client is the best; I’m practically a walking billboard for you guys! You guys making a Box client would be the best

1 Like

More encouragement on this. I have been using insync for a couple years now with Google Drive, it’s great - but my new university uses Box. I would LOVE to keep using your product.

I’m interested in a box.com linux client that would complement the current Google Drive client. I’d need SSO support just like you already have in the Google Drive client.

I know its been a few years, but I would also love to see Box support.

Pleace Add box.com support.

1 Like

It has now been five years and no progress or updates on this. This is sad. I, too, would like to have Box.com support. This is a widely used program in the enterprise vs. others. It would be nice to have some sort of update about if this is still being considered (and if so, what the ETA is) or if this is simply something that you all have no desire to do. Five years of radio silence does not seem like it is helpful for your customers or potential customers that are trying to figure out their plans and where your software may fit into it.

1 Like

Hi @GJ1909, thank you for voicing out your insights on this thread. While the Forums posts gives us a glimpse of what users are looking for, we also consider surveys, emails, and other channels to line up feature requests and assess its popularity (and urgency, among other factors). Box.com support is not yet in the pipeline, but I have forwarded this +1 to our Product Team for review. :slight_smile:

@mia Thank you for the reply. It has been over five (5) years since this was first requested. This is something that many other competitors have had support for, for a very long time. The real question for Insync is if there is any real/serious interest in working on this or not. If not, you just need to tell us so that we can make our plans accordingly.

2 Likes

@GJ1909 I understand! Thank you for redirecting me to that angle :slight_smile: I will check with our team to see where this is in the pipeline. We appreciate you!!

+1 would be nice to have this feature

1 Like

I would like to see a box.com support.

1 Like