After logging in Google in browser, nothing happens

Hi,

in Linux (Fedora 30) Insync 3.0.16.40306 starts properly. I select “Google Drive” in the insync client. The browser (Firefox) launches, asks for a login in a Google account. I then login and give permissions to Insync to use my Drive folder. Then Firefox loads a page “Connecting to Insync…” and remains stucked.

1 Like

adblocker? or something else?
can you try another browser?

I have disabled adblocker and used other browsers with no luck.

Cross posting from here: Are you on Linux OpenSUSE?

If so, can you please run the following commands:

sudo mkdir -p /etc/pki/tls/certs
sudo ln -s /etc/ssl/ca-bundle.pem /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

You are more than welcome to post the output here. Otherwise, shoot us an email at support@insynchq.com with the output and the link to this post. :slight_smile:

I did this, being on OpenSuse 15.1. No output, just the prompt.

2 Likes

With version*19 everything works. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for the update, @Rainer_Lodemann! :slight_smile:

I continue to not log in, even with the last 19 version.

So FYI I had this issue for several hours too and I will share how I solved it for myself in hopes it might help someone else, though I don’t know how. I have a rather uncommon setup - Windows default firewall set with a DEFAULT DENY OUTBOUND rule. Only programs I whitelist can access the network/internet. I did however whitelist inSync and never had issues with this in the past.

When trying to log into inSync 3 for the first time I could not login, the oauth page just sat at the “connecting to insync” page like OP. However I disabled the firewall momentarily and boom, login successful, app working (kind of). The app still won’t sync when I have the firewall on, but I suspect this is a deeper issue as I see successful connections to some Google and Digital Ocean IPs from inSync.

But in case anyone else has an outbound firewall, inSync is doing something funky with networking (maybe using a service of some sort or Microsoft BITS or something?) which may require disabling the firewall.