After update to Kubuntu 16.04.1 insync says license expired

I had to re-install insync, too. Now I have a problem, since the license seems to be expired. I followed your advice in the FAQ and tried to the refresh, but it did not help.

I tried to send email to you, but it was rejected. Can I send you the logs of insync?

@Wolfgang_Siebeck: The Insync plus trial is valid for 15 days only. Our records show that your trial expired on Sat, 02 Apr 2016 10:14:11 GMT, so Insync says that your license has expired. I have extended your trial by 15 days, please restart Insync to confirm.

I bought Insync plus before, and I did not know, it will expire. Please look up my email correspondence with Janine. I paid by paypal with the Transaction ID 02J12031WK324211V on April 3, 2016. There was a confusion about the account name, because I used a different address in the beginning, but Janine wrote to me:

Hi Fritz,
No worries, I have transferred your subscription to siebeck@gmail.com
If you already have the account in your app, just refresh your license: https://support.insynchq.com/t/how-to-refresh-insync-license/1723
Have a good day :slight_smile:
I did not use one of the coupon codes like I was offered but I voted in your favour…

Your money vote will tell us which area to improve.

Regards,
Janine
Happiness Ambassador

So the Plus expired in the meantime?

Kind regards,

Wolfgang

I tried to send an email, but your hosts does not accept mails from gmail :frowning:

May I get an answer to my question? Is my payment lost? Did I pay for nothing?

@Wolfgang_Siebeck I have emailed you regarding your issue. Can you try logging in siebeck@gmail.com and see if it works already?

Hey, great! I managed to get it up and running now. I had to delete some files from my local folder, but now Insync is happy. Thanks you so much for your help! <3

Just one more question: Is it possible to merge multiple Google Drive accounts on one local machine by Insync, maybe in a separate tree of folders? I noticed the menu position “Add Google account…”, does it do what I think it does? Do I need another license for it?

Thanks again for your help,

Wolfgang

@Wolfgang_Siebeck: You can add multiple accounts to Insync but they would have to be managed separately on separate folders. They won’t be merged into one account if that’s what you meant. Also you need to get a license for the additional accounts. A pro license covers 3 accounts, which could be cheaper depending on your case. More details are available at https://www.insynchq.com/pricing.

Thanks for your reply. I will consider upgrading to Pro, if that should be required. Have a nice day,

Wolfgang

Note that I installed Insync on a Raspberry Pi: it immediately said the license had expired, attempts top contact the support email were in vein.

Hey @blackburried,

Apologies but could you e-mail us again with your issue so we can address it fully? :slight_smile:

Closing this topic because the original issue has been resolved.