Any plans to implement Autosave & Live Collaboration for Msft Office?

Hi,
One of the things I miss about the OneDrive Windows app was the seamless integration that it provided through Microsoft Office, namely autosave and live collaboration. Do you guys plan on adding that integration sometime in the future?

1 Like

Hey @Drakinite,

Let me bring this up with the team!

1 Like

Nice, thanks! It would be very very nice to have. It’s currently the only major downside to Insync in my eyes, aside from the syncing bugs which I’ve already brought up.

1 Like

UPDATE - I found a way to utilize the autosave and live collaboration features in Office, while using Insync. No need for Insync to add additional support for it!

In Microsoft Word (for example):

1. go to File > Open
  2. Instead of browsing local files, click on your OneDrive account. If OneDrive does not show up in the Open screen:
    i. Click on Account
    ii. under Connected Services, click Add a service > Storage > OneDrive, then sign in.
  3. Browse your files under the OneDrive category, and select the document you wish to edit. When you hover over a document instead of showing a file path, the tooltip should show a URL starting with https://d.docs.live.net.
  4. Autosave and live collaboration will now be enabled! As the document is edited and saved, Insync will download changes as they occur.
2 Likes

@Drakinite I appreciate you for sharing this! :slight_smile:

1 Like