Apt repo doesn't work with Ubuntu 17.10

Since upgrading to Ubuntu 17.10, I’ve been getting the following error when I try to run an apt update:
E: Failed to fetch http://apt.insynchq.com/ubuntu/dists/artful/InRelease 403 Forbidden E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Do I need to update my configuration?

1 Like

We’re still currently working on the 17.10 build. Please stay tuned for updates.

Have you tried the 17.04 version if it works for you? :slight_smile:

The issue with using the 17.04 version is that it automatically adds a repository using the current release name (artful) that doesn’t yet exist. When this happens, every time the user runs apt-get update, error messages occur. The solution is to remove the repository from the apt-get sources, but if you do that you can’t install the insync-nautilus package.

Insync might want to consider doing what Crossover Linux and Google Chrome does, which is to forget about repositories, and supply ONE package for debian-based systems. Crossover doesn’t even have a repository — if you want updates, you got to their site and download a new version. Google does have one common repository because their package works on all debian-derived systems. This makes my life a lot easier, because I run Debian and Ubuntu and the same package works — I don’t have to keep multiple versions around.

If you don’t want to do this for various technical reasons, you probably need a repository up and running for new versions of Ubuntu as soon as Beta 2 hits. That’s when people start to make the switch. Definitely a repository needs to be set up by the release date, which was 10/19.