Baffled as to folder selection

I wasted an hour last night trying to get folder selection sorted, after installing the product. What I want to do is use InSync to mirror what happens on our Windows machines with their Google Drive client software – there is a folder called “Google Drive”, and the contents in it are synced with Google Drive on the Cloud. Tried multiple iterations; got nowhere.

Do I create a folder first, called Google Drive, and then specify it?

eg: /home/malcolm/Google Drive???

If so, this didn’t work – indeed InSync usually deleted the folder. So what do I specify? I just kept going round in circles. Please help; we need the functionality and this is a major distraction.

Upon setup, you should have been prompted by the Insync installer to create a new folder to sync Insync with.

Afterwards, you can select specific files to sync via Insync. This should be able to help you out: How to get started with Insync

Were you already in the middle of set up when this happened?

Thank you. I was indeed prompted. I selected my entire /home/malcolm folder, expecting to see a Google Drive folder created there. It didn’t arrive, instead a massive upload or something seemed to have started, which after 20 minutes I switched off. (The folder in question has only 130MB in it.) Then I tried alternative approaches, with no success.

To be clear: I am not trying to replicate existing folders to Google Drive. I am trying to get existing files held in Google Drive to appear on our Linux machines.

Surely this can’t be that difficult?