Blank application screen on startup

I just removed insync from my machine and reinstalled. It’s on Arch Linux and KDE (using the AUR package) and when running and I choose “open app window” I’m presented with a blank and dark window.

I did the clean and reinstall because I was getting stuck on “retrieving your accounts licence/plan” when trying to add a dropbox account to the google drive account I use, but it seems It’s worse now. I’ve got nothing. The version is 3.8.5.50499 btw.

Some additional info, in the log I’m seeing:

** (process:3655): WARNING **: 18:18:54.959: Failed to load shared library ‘libnotify.so.4’ referenced by the typelib: /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_task_set_name
Fontconfig warning: “/usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/05-reset-dirs-sample.conf”, line 6: unknown element “reset-dirs”
js: Uncaught (in promise) #

libnotify.so.4 exists in /usr/lib

1 Like

Hi @gsej! Just checking to see if this issue has persisted in the last 48 hours?

Hi Mia,

No, I uninstalled insync and cleaned all traces from my machine. On reinstalling it, it worked. I wasn’t able to get it working with google drive and drop box at the same time, but I think that’s because I have a legacy insync license. I’ll sort that out at a future time.

Gareth

1 Like

@gsej Thank you for sharing the steps, Gareth. And for replying to the other thread! :slight_smile: Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything else.