BUG? High cpu usage in Ubuntu when Nautilus opens a directory with thousands of files

Environment:

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=20.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=focal
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS"

ii  insync                                     3.6.1.50206-focal   
ii  insync-emblem-icons                        3.4.2.40983         
ii  insync-nautilus                            3.4.2.40983         

High cpu usage in Ubuntu when Nautilus opens a directory with thousands of images/files:

Hi @jack! Please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. We’ll check what triggers the CPU spike when Nautilus is open on a directory with thousands of files.

Could you also confirm if the CPU spike happens while Insync is in a “Scanning…” mode while Nautilus is open on that directory?

Could you also confirm if the CPU spike happens while Insync is in a “Scanning…” mode while Nautilus is open on that directory?

The directory($HOME/Download/some directory) I opened is out of the OneDrive folder which is synced. If Insync scans these files, it is strange.

1 Like

I have sent the email.

1 Like

Thanks - got the email and waiting for our engineers’ advise!

How is it going now?

Hi @jack - apologies for the delay! We were on skeletal force due to teammates contracting the COVID-19 virus, but I have followed up with our team regarding this.

Thank you for your patience!

Thanks for your effort.
And what’s going on now?

Hi @jack! Apologies for not posting an update sooner.

Our engineer has a lead as to why this is happening, and he has made the necessary steps to file a complete report and proceed with the investigation. I will follow it up with him :slight_smile:

Hi again, @jack! We do not have an ETA to the fix yet. In the meantime, would it be an option for you to uninstall the Nautilus extension/integration?

OK. I will uninstall the Nautilus extension.

1 Like