Can you turn off Prime notifications? (fixed in 3.7.3)

Recently, I’ve noticed Insync keeps notifying me I am on Prime as below. Any way to turn this off?

4 Likes

It also keeps notifying me I am on Personal. I can’t see the point.

Hey @inforr – are you on Win11? There’s a related comment here: Getting "user@domain.com is on Prime" notification every day on Mac

@nop_head Confirming from your logs that you’re on Win7?

@mia Nope, am on Windows 10

1 Like

Yes I am on Windows 7 / 64.

1 Like

Thank you both for confirming your Windows versions! I have forwarded this to the engineer in charge and will update this thread accordingly :slight_smile:

Also keeps notifying me as well that I am on Personal … while I am running on macOS Catalina (10.15).

It started doing this 2 or 3 times a day!

Confirming the same issue. <user>@<domain>.com is on Prime. about once a day.
Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Insync 3.7.1.50307

Same issue is also present with Debian Buster build. It started with version 3.7.1.50307. Looks like it checks the license once a day, and shows the notification regardless of the previous license state.

So, it always behaves like the license is just purchased.

1 Like

Gotcha. @bayindirh Could you email your logs.db and settings.db file to support@insynchq.com? Let me send this to our engineer in charge for further investigation. Definitely annoying that this is happening persistently and not just on Windows. It’s as if the license keeps getting updated (which is the main reason for the pop-up notif to show up in the first place), even if it isn’t.

Hi Mia, thanks for your answer. The mail probably just arrived to an inbox on your side. Please don’t hesitate to contact for anything.

I got the email, @bayindirh! I appreciate it. :slight_smile: Already sent to our engineers to check it out and I’ll update this thread accordingly.

1 Like

Any update on this? I’m updated to 3.7.2.50318 since my last comment and the problem is still persisting.

Hi @kyle.b,

This is still under investigation. I will post an update here once the fix has been deployed. :slight_smile:

Amazing! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all! Could you please update manually to 3.7.3? The fix is available in this version. :slight_smile:

Please note that it’s still on an early Forums release! Feedback is always appreciated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Insync updated itself to 3.7.3 overnight, without asking. The release note says this problem was on startup but it was actually several times a day. Hopefully it is fixed now as I haven’t seen a notification since.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know that the notifs have not persisted. Please don’t hesitate to post here in case it pops up in the middle of it.

We appreciate you!

I have updated. If the notification pops up or if there are any problems, I’ll post here.

Thank you for all the hard work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your continued trust in our team, @kyle.b!