What I use:
Ubuntu 16.04.3 (NO GUI, just bash)
Insync 1.4.1.37037-xenial_amd64
Trial version
Team Drive added to Gmail account with one drive
What I need:
I need to test account Team Drive sync on several hosts
What I get:
I successfully connected to my account using insync-headless add_account -a AUTH_KEY
and get folders
~/my_acc@my_domain.com - get all folders/files (synced)
~/Team Drives/my_acc@my_domain.com/ - it’s empty, no drive/folders (not synced)
It is because I’m using trial version? If so - is there any way to test it on trial, and if it good for me buy a license?
Or I do something wrong? How can I test my Team Drives sync?
Thanks!

1 Like

I found Team Drive sync in insync-headless manage_selective_sync my_acc@my_domain.com -> ^x: Menu
But when I choose Team Drive -> Sync -> Input PATH -> OK
I get an error: Error communicating with Insync process
What it’s mean?
Is insync-headless have any logs?
Thanks!

Tagging our engineer @jimperio and he will get back to you.

@Evgeniy_Demyanenko Hello, unfortunately it seems there is still a bug in the headless interface for syncing Team Drives. We will investigate this and update this thread as soon as there’s a fix. Thank you very much.

Hi there!
Any updates, please?

@Evgeniy_Demyanenko I’m pleased to report that the headless interface will be updated to allow syncing Team Drives in the next version, 1.4.2. We are now just internally testing this build and are planning to release it relatively soon. So sorry for the delay!

Hello there!

I’m recently having this issue with the 1.5.5 version running on a Ubuntu Xenial headless server.

I’ve successfully trial-tested it before, with the version 1.4.2 (w/ selective sync for team drives and etc.), last year.

And now I finally got a teams license for my account, and re-started from scratch: deactivating and uninstalling the older version completely, and reinstalling the brand new 1.5.5 version.

I added my account successfully, with the ‘–no-download’ option for setting up selective sync on my server beforehand.

But trying to invoke the ‘manage_selective_sync’ option keeps giving me the “Error communicating with Insync process” message.

Am I doing anything wrong, before everything?

Or is this again an issue on version 1.5.5?!

Thanks in advance, and best regards from Brazil to all of you @ Insync team!

Márcio Antonio
Universidade de São Paulo, Brasil

Any thoughts, @jimperio ?!

Thanks in advance!

… hello… anybody there?!

cc: @jimperio @jaduenas

Guys, pardon me on being honest here…

But I only have bought an Insync license mainly because it supported google team drives sync and had headless server client.

Features that I gladly told many people that finally there was an awesome GDrive linux client able to perform, based on my own successful tests done in my trial peroid with Insync.

Fact is that I’m just not being able to use it as I planned: selective sync team drive with my ubuntu server via headless client interface.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards.

Hi @marcioantonio,

Can you let me know more about where you’re encountering problems so I can help you out with the commands?

1 Like

Hey there, @nikki! :upside_down_face:

First of all, thanks for the reply and sorry for the vast delay in my reply.

And I know it has been a rough year for the Insync team, with all the 1.5 vs. 3 issues, and all. It was a rough year for me too. For everybody, I guess! :sweat_smile:

The problem I was facing was referent to the same issues described, by myself and the others, on this thread above us…

For now, I ended up solving this problem when I migrated my file server service from my old Ubuntu 16 LTS to a NAS solution, which has a built-in GDrive file sync service app.

I’m catching up with the team’s official statement, and I’m glad to hear that “1.x users will be grandfathered”, about the headless interface. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks again, anyways!
:love_you_gesture::upside_down_face: