Changing location of shared folder

Hi,

I would like to change path to synced shared folder so that the path does not contain shared folder name.

E.g. instead sync that folder to “~/sync/SharedFolderName” the path would be “`/sync/gdrive”. Is that possible?

Thanks.

Hi @Mikulas,

Did you want to just rename /sync/SharedFolderName or did you intend to change the location to /sync/gdrive? :slight_smile:

If you need to rename, you can just right-click this either on the Insync app UI or your file manager. Otherwise, you can change the location by following this guide. Please note that this will only work for top-level folders. Let me know if you have any other questions!

If I rename it in my file manager, the Insync app says that the shared folder “went missing”. And I’m already syncing the folder to custom location. I just want to be able to rename the “top-level” folder of this location.

Well, thanks for the link to the guide… I was finally be able to get the desired behavior with the “Merge with chosen folder” functionality. It’s a bit unintuitive though.

1 Like

Hi @Mikulas,

No worries and I’m glad you got it working. :slight_smile: Do you mind sharing some insights as to how we can improve this feature?

Gladly. It’s just that what I wanted was under differently named feature. I didn’t look into “merge with …” feature because I wanted something different. I would suggest to add something similar as described in the “https://help.insynchq.com/key-features-and-syncing-explained/syncing-superpowers/sync-or-merge-a-top-level-folder-to-another-location-in-your-computer” under “Change location”.

1 Like