Conflict loop at first sync with second device

I’m currently testing insync and was happy with the way it worked on my linux machine. I wanted to test the syncing for multiple devices and installed insync on a windows laptop (files may be in a older state).
I chose to synchronize all files when doing the initial sync and soon realized that something was off. The insync client seems to have found conflicts (for folders that i haven’t touched in years) and created new folders to resolve them (eventhough i’m rather confident that i’ve set it to ask first). I believe that this process drove the two clients into a loop of finding new conflicts and trying to resolve them by creating a new folder until my dropbox ran into it’s limit.

Any idea what is going wrong here? How do i rescue my files?Which logs might be helpful?

Hi @user123456! My deepest apologies for what happened here.

Could you please send your log files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? Please include both logs from Windows and Ubuntu, with the following contents:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • “data” folder
  • “live” folder

To locate these four (4) files, hover on the 3 dots found on the upper right of the app > Help > Open log. In case they’re too big to attach, you can upload it in the cloud and send me a shared link to download. Thank you!

I’ve sent the logs by mail.
Considering that insync is not localized while the new folder names are, is this a likely outcome for running insync while the original dropbox client was still active?

1 Like

That’s a lead that I’ll forward to our engineers. Thank you for specifying that. :slight_smile: Got your logs via email, @user123456.