Context Menu on OSX 10.11 (El Capitan)

@Eugene_Cox We are currently testing a build internally, and plan to make it available for user testing soon! The release version should be available at the latest within the next two weeks.

I wanted to buy insync for this option, so now I wait until this bug is fixed.

Hi guys, El Capitan fix is here, please help us test :smile:

Just installed new version on macbook pro with el capitan. Context menu still not visible.

tagging our engineer @jimperio so he can respond to this :smile:

@carlolippens The “Add to Insync” context menu is still not available on 10.11, but the context menu for items already synced by Insync should be available. Could you try checking the context menu within the Insync folder?

Also, could you try relaunching Finder and checking again after that?

I relaunched finder several times, but still no solution.
I can’t see any context menu in the insync folder, I’m not sure what I option there should be (and how can I see them, ricght clicking doesn’t give any extra optiosn). Is it because these items were synced using a windows pc?
Looking forward to using insync so I can easily backup my files to gdrive.

@carlolippens Would you mind sending in the Insync logs to support@insynchq.com?

Could you also send in system logs? Open Console.app, then:

1. Click on “All Messages”, search for “Insync”, then copy the messages.
  2. Under “User Diagnostic Reports”, look for any files that may have “Insync” in the title and attach those files as well.

Thank you and we do hope to pinpoint and resolve your issue soon.

@carlolippens Could you also check under System Preferences -> Extensions -> Finder whether “Insync Finder Integration” shows up and is checked? Thank you!

The Finder context (right-click) menu shows up for me, but when I head over to System Preferences -> Extensions -> Finder Insync doesn’t show up (so it’s obviously not checked). I have SIP turned off…should I turn it back on for this newest release of Insync?

Another question. Some of the file types in my Finder show the sync status icon overlays, but other file types do not. Is that a glitch or is than intentional?

Thanks!

@jeffloven Have you updated to the latest forums version (1.3.3)? It’s possible that the context menu shows up because you still have SIP turned off. There’s no need to turn SIP back on for the new context menu to work, although if the new version is working then there would also be no need for SIP to still be turned off.

Could you send a screenshot of what you mean about Finder and the icon overlays to support@insynchq.com? We’d also be happy to continue answering your questions in that thread instead.

@jimperio I turned on Insync in the extensions panel, and the context menu shows up now in the insync folder.
So now I hope you guys can make the “add to insync” to work and I’ll buy it.

@jimperio I just updated to 1.3.3. Almost everything seems to be working perfectly for me now. Here’s the single exception: The “Add to Insync” option in the Finder context menu for files currently outside Insync no longer appears. Prior to updating to 1.3.3 this option was available.

Thanks for the help!

@carlolippens @jeffloven We are currently working on making “Add to Insync” work again, and hope to be able to include it in the next version.

1 Like

The funny thing is that dropbox does not have this issues with “El Capitan”

Hi, I have the same problem after upgrading to El Capitan. I can no longer pop-up context menu and add folder to GoogleDrive via InSync. Insync used to work very well for me before, I share between Windows PCs & MACs (I have many due to my work), but now useless for me. How do I add a new folder now? The Insync option is still in the context menu for folders already added to InSync before the upgrade. I checked my Console and found the following regarding InSync, could it indicate anything?

2015/12/27 8:03:10,199 AM Insync Finder Integration[81017]: Failed to connect (colorGridView) outlet from (NSApplication) to (NSColorPickerGridView): missing setter or instance variable
2015/12/27 8:03:10,199 AM Insync Finder Integration[81017]: Failed to connect (view) outlet from (NSApplication) to (NSColorPickerGridView): missing setter or instance variable

2015/12/27 8:08:31,611 AM WindowServer[174]: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application “Insync” for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.
2015/12/27 8:08:37,081 AM Insync Finder Integration[395]: *** Assertion failure in -[NSMenu initWithTitle:], /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppKit/AppKit-1404.13/Menus.subproj/NSMenu.m:334
2015/12/27 8:08:37,081 AM Insync Finder Integration[395]: <NSXPCConnection: 0x7ff303c41dc0> connection from pid 328: Warning: Exception caught during invocation of received message, dropping incoming message and invalidating the connection.
Exception: Invalid parameter not satisfying: aTitle != nil

Any update to this? Am also having the same problem.

I tried the work around listed above but with 1.3.3 it seems to be broken. Where can I get the old version. It is critical I have this feature as I add new folders all the time. I would not have updated if I had known this was an issue. Perhaps it should be listed on the homepage? @jimperio

Hello everyone, we apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused, and will update this thread as soon as there is a beta version of Insync with “Add to Insync” working on 10.11.

Any updates on the upcoming release that returns the context menus?
Thanks