Debian (buster) install turning into hell

hi all
after wasting a couple of days on trying to gt this to work and a minute before i give up… i have done the process below at least 3 times already…

i had purged insync and manually cleared as many insync debris i could find from the os folder (/user and etc). there were many… purge was not enough (without purge - it asked me to reinstall and not install - which suggests it has recognized the existence of insync in the os).
anyway
i than installed again the deb-buster installer insync provide (insync_3.0.14.40220-buster_amd64.deb) using gdebi. it all looked ok, i was connected o my account, got permissions, able to select few folders to be synced and whatever else. i closed the window and - gone… no icon on the activity bar (next to the ever faithful megasync and dropbox), when i try to launch it tells me that there is an insync application already running and its gonna quit (see image attached). i didn’t find any way to get a gui or preferences to work with it. no icons in nautiluse either. its there but it eint…
so i have no idea what to do now…

can anyone help with this? do i need to give up on gdrive? insync? debian? anyonw knows a better way to be gdrive synced?

many thanks for your help in advance

tamir