Dial down the feed notifications for edited files

I know there are many other issues to prioritize above this but figured I’d mention it. I guess this is both an issue to address and a feature request.

While google sheets, docs, or slides are open and actively being worked on, insync produces a feed entry what seems like every minute logging that it was edited. For instance, working in a sheet for an hour fills the feed with edit notifications. Would be great if the edit was only logged after the sheet is closed, or maybe throttle the feed to something like 1 edit notification for an individual file per 15 minutes. Or better yet, give users an option to set their frequency preference.

insync%20feed%20snapshot%201-12-2019

1 Like

Thank you for this suggestion, @kyle. :slight_smile: I’ve forwarded this to our product team so we can further improve our Activity Feed. :slight_smile:

Indeed. I get notifications about edits to files which are in directories which I’m not even syncing. Given that I use this for work and we are a several hundred people company this means a constant stream of notifications which I have not found a way to squelch or disable. This seems to have started only with recent updates of the client.

For now I actually kill the client and only allow it to run/sync when I’m stepping away from the computer for a bit. It’s the best way I’ve found to maintain focus.

I believe this is very important, it is very annoing to have that level of notifications, we should be able to turn them off for some files.

You cannot have InSync notifications enabled and be part of one or more shared folders. The amount of notifications is annoying to say the least. I always need to disable notifications within a day of installing InSync… Maybe an easy improvement would be to only show at most one notification per file per 30 minutes or so?

1 Like

Hi @RobinJ1995 @Dan_Ort! I’ll raise this improvement again to manage the constant edit notifications and take your suggestions into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to post here!