Difference in count of files and directories in destination

Hey guys

I’m new here, so forgive me if this has already been answered in another thread, I searched here and didn’t see anything similar. Due to the seriousness of the situation, I tried to be as brief as possible without leaving any important facts out so as not to have to keep lengthening the topic due to lack of data on my part. :wink:

I bought two licenses this week, Google and OneDrive, unfortunately during the test week I did tests with few files and I didn’t remember to do a count check for the quantity and volume of folders and files, which I did today and I was scared because the software visually presents that everything is synchronized, you can go have a coffee, trust me… I’m using CSS: 2-way sync with all selected folders and no exclusion rules, no conflicts, nothing, everything is green. :sunglasses:

However, doing a simple audit on the synchronized destination directories by accessing the system’s file manager, whether Windows or Linux, when viewing the properties of the directories, the quantities are not reliable, in several cases they are smaller than the source, even finding directories completely voids in the destination which causes an environment of insecurity. :confused:

The content is only really loaded into the directory if in the Insync software you double-click on the folder that is showing ok green, but I can see in another window the directory being filled in just now, doing this in each folder is working for the software and not otherwise it is infeasible in a directory structure with many subdirectories.

This occurs on both the main account and Shared with me Google and OneDrive account.

If anyone has gone through this and managed to solve it, please, I’ve been following and auditing this process for days, in some desperate attempts I notice that if “Pause App” and “Resume App” do a Scan and synchronize a little more, which does not makes it unreliable and also not workable.

I acquired the licenses for the software to synchronize and after that I run my backup routine to external media. I got to Insync by referral on YouTube, I can’t believe this happens to everyone and no one has thought to check the amounts of files and directories. :roll_eyes:

I count on your help.

Hello @BridanaGTI!

My apologies for the trouble and thank you for walking me through the issue in detail. I have also received your email following the approval of this post, and have provided the steps in order for us to proceed with the investigation.

For other users experiencing the same thing, please send the following files to support@insynchq.com after Insync is closed:

• logs.db
  • out.txt

These two files can be found by following this guide: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files

Include the following information as well:

• Example of directory you had to double-click on the app to sync properly

Thank you!