Differential Sync (thinking on very big files)

Hi!

Thinking on Windows Dev Drive (yeah, still in dev but…) and very big files, does InSync support differential syncing, as MS OneDrive Client claim to support it?

I’m thinking on Dev Drive (looks good!) as my main dev repo, but upload a huge file every time I change anything inside it doesn’t look good…

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this insight and feedback to improve Insync, @danielcabral!

Right now, Insync does not do a differential sync but I would be happy to forward this to our engineers! We are constantly exploring how to make our app more efficient and powerful😁

If you have any other questions or concerns just let me know and I’d be happy to assist.

1 Like

Yeah!! That would be nice, thinking about the near future.This will be a potential pain when Dev Drive goes to the main builds of Windows:

…every single time a change is made to the file. Even on OneDrive MS Client this fails sometimes and the full upload is triggered.

1 Like

I can definitely see how this current behavior can negatively impact use cases like big projects and the like. I appreciate you for bringing this up, rest assured it has reached our team.

We don’t have a public roadmap on feature request/improvements’ ETA, but the more voices we can add to a request, the more pressing the issue and the more attention it will get from the engineers. :slight_smile: Thank you again!

1 Like