Disable Incoming Shares Notification

Hello,

I don’t want any incoming shares to be synced to my computers. Pretty much every day, there is a notification on my insync icon that there are incoming shares waiting to be approved, many of which I haven’t opened in several years. Is there a way to automatically “Don’t sync” for all of the incoming requests? Under “Shared with me” in my account settings, I already have “All items” unchecked.

9 Likes

Absolutely agree. This is a much needed feature.

This might be something we can consider for 2.0, thanks for your feedback!

Haven’t got any requests anymore. Coincidence? :slight_smile:
Thanks all the same.
Eric

I just started Insync trial period today and already totally agree with this one.

I am now receiving Incoming Shares for files not visible in Google Drive browser interface and that I believe I have never accessed online either. The files are clearly related to one discussion forum I am following but I do not want to get spammed every time someone decides to share something in the forum. Incoming Shares in Insync is now doing same thing for Google Drive as spam mails are doing for email. Its hard to find out relevant information when you are flooded with all the useless information.

1 Like

+1 much needed feature. I’ve been using Insync for a couple months now and I’m still getting notifications daily for things I haven’t opened in years.

1 Like

Hi all,

Where are things with this issue? I also agree that this is greatly needed.

I agree this is pure spamming, but I don’t think they’re going to disable it. “Somewhere in the distant 2.0 version, perhaps…” is the answer (note that I’m writing this nearly a year later).
By the way, it’s not really about a “much needed” feature, it’s about a “much hated feature” - all they need to do is to remove it. Someone programmed it in on purpose, I guess there must be some profit in that.
I wish someone had some workaround for this. All I can think of now is running “cron” on Linux, say, every hour with “insync reject_all_new_shares” - it would at least partially free me from doing it manually each time.

Totally agree. Crazy thing is, it’s called “incoming share” when it’s not it. Someone posts a public Google Drive link so I can read a document/spreadsheet/watch a video, which was not shared with me but it’s a public link. And they just keep getting into the incoming shares feed.

Any chance of an official update on this bug? It’s tremendously irritating in an otherwise flawless product. High priority fix please, don’t wait for a new major version!

This is really annoying, please fix. Annoying enough to start considering other options.