Disaster when un-selecting non finished directories

If you start a sync and then regret syncing certain folders and uncheck them from the selective sync it will literally delete if from both computer and Google Drive, luckily good drive has the trash, but it’s still a lot of work to recover then specially because the syncing takes ages due to the limited amount of connections.

Yeah… an “unsync but don’t delete locally” option would be great.

Hey @renatomefidf,

When you unsync files, the local copy is deleted but not the Google Drive copy so this isn’t expected behavior. How did you unsync the files? Were they in the process of syncing when you unsynced them? Let me know!

In relation to this, thanks for the feedback, @Hawk! I’ll take note and inform the team. :slight_smile:

Hello @Gregory,

Exactly, I first select a few directories, after one hour or so I realized this one in case was really big and went back to “selective sync options” and unchecked the folder, a pop-up saying “it’s only going to delete from local computer and not Drive” showed up, but then after a few hours I realized all the items were in my Google Drive trash.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, @renatomefidf! I’ll raise this with our team and get back to you. :slight_smile:

In the meantime, can you send us an email at support@insynchq.com with your log files and a link to this Topic? Learn how to get your log files here.