Does insycnh download the entire Onedrive Repository

Hi Guys

I don’t want Insync to download my entire cloud repository I want it to be online. How do I keep the data online and not on my PC.

Regards
Mahesh

You can “unsync” folders from your computer and keep your folders on your cloud drive. To do that, hover on the folder you want to remove from your computer and click “Unsync” (leftmost) icon, which looks like a stop button. Folder will be removed from your computer, but not from your cloud account.

If you need “on demand” or “smart sync” features akin to OneDrive and Dropbox provide, InSync doesn’t support it yet.

1 Like

@bayindirh Thank you for the assist!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Additionall, @mshastry you can use our Selective Sync feature so you can choose which items get synced, and which ones do not: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/3220036-selective-sync

Thankyou Both for your reply, this reply confirmed my suspicions

While this is a tangent, let me tell you that “Smart Sync” and other technologies are essentially hard problems and require serious development effort to get it right.

Just last week, Dropbox and OneDrive announced that for macOS systems, their current solutions for this technology will stop working (due to a change in macOS internals), and they need to migrate their software to a specially developed feature present in the latest macOS versions since Big Sur.

While this doesn’t make this impossible to implement, this means for a cross-platform software like InSync, this is indeed serious development effort. Being a 3rd party means it might entail more work for them since they don’t have preferential access to internal APIs of the respective cloud providers.

1 Like

@mia You’re welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like