Don't want to sync top folder

Hello,

I can’t get my head around this problem.

• I have a folder on my network called “Photos”
  • I want to make a backup sync to my “Google Drive/Backup/Photos”
  • I get a new folder in my folder “Photos” called “Backup” and in there there’s “Photos”
  • I want to skip the folder “Backup” and just want to sync “Photos” <-> “Photos” even if “Photos” on my Google Drive is in a folder called “Backup”
  • I can’t uncheck the top folder in Insync “Backup” and when I only check “Photos” in Insync “Backup” also gets checked.
  • I don’t want that!

Please help me :smile:

Raffe Bergwall

I have the same kind of problem .

I sync the folder " Photo "
But it’s also where I sync with Apple Iphone & Ipad photo folders so Apple create a subfolder called " Ipod cache photo " or something like that … this folder is about 15 GB ! and I don’t want it to be sync to google drive!
How can we just remove a subfolder from a Synced folder ? ?

thanks

@Raffe_Bergwall, unfortunately, we don’t support that use case yet. :frowning:

@Alexandre_Deschaumes, you can use the new ignore list feature where you can specify a whole file/folder name. Although that’s account-wide and not just specific to a folder. Let me know if it works for you.

Hey thank you ,
I tried to add the Path of the folder in the ignore list but I doesn’t seem to work
the path is long : H:##=-DOCUMENTS-=####=-AUTO ENTREPRENEUR-=##\• PHOTO - COLLECTIONS •\iPod Photo Cache
and it separates in differents parts … I don’t know how to do .

@Alexandre_Deschaumes, you can add iPod Photo Cache in the ignore list and it will ignore all files/folders that has that name. Note though that Insync doesn’t unsync already synced files that matches that ignore pattern (to avoid data loss). So if it’s already synced/syncing, you just have to move that folder out and then after it’s deleted, move it back in.

Yes thanks , It didn’t work but now it’s ok ( I added the *.ithmb ) of the files in this folder .

you can retrieve data by yourself. There are programs to do that. For example The Phone Recovery Expert
I used it few times. it’s free and it works as good as can be expected. The main thing is to stop using the external hard disk until you use this tool, and avoid writing any files to it.