Druva inSync conflict

My company has started to use Druva’s inSync for cloud backups. The name of the program conflics with InSync and will disable InSync when installed (similarly, installing InSync disables Druva inSync). Any solution that would all the use of both of these similarly named programs?

We currently do not have documentation on Druva InSync regarding this issue, but I will ask our engineers about this. What’s your OS?

I am using macOS Sierra 10.12.1

I’m having this issue too. My company recently required all employees to install it, so now it’s conflicting with the Insync app I’ve been using for google drive for years.

Unfortunately, because my mac came with a case-insensitive filesystem, the application data folder is shared, and trying to do things like add a folder to Insync with the services item will fail. There’s also issues on startup, including one time where Insync (your app) somehow got uninstalled. Other times, I might end up having only one of them start up on system boot.

Honestly, I think it would be rather difficult to do anything about this without one of the applications being renamed. Since the system ignores case, it would have to differ by more than just the case of the letters. I figure I have better chances with you guys than with the other company/app.

Here is what I would really like to see:

• Change the Application Support folder to be named with the bundle identifier instead of just Insync (can be skipped if needed, since they don’t seem to be fighting over contents)
  • Change all of your references to the app name (like when opened at startup or by the services item) to instead use the application bundle identifier
  • Make it possible for the user to rename the .app in Finder and still have everything work, including (if possible) keeping the name when installing updates. The switch to referring to the app with the bundle identifier should help in this, but there might be a bit more involved.

I’m 100% willing to run some commands in the Terminal or do other advanced stuff if it is needed to reduce the impact on other users (or to reduce the effort on your end), as long as I can get instructions on what to do. Even if it has to be repeated whenever the app updates, I’m still willing to do it since you don’t release updates so often that it would be an issue.

Anyway, if there’s any chance that you’d be willing to fix this issue that likely affects very few of your users, I’d be fully willing to do whatever I can to help (I’m a software developer professionally, although not with app development). I’ve been a paid user since April of 2014, and currently have 3 Prime licenses, so it would be really great if I could go back to everything running smoothly like it did for more than 3 years before my company started using that conflicting app.