Duplicate files and folders when syncing with NAS

Good day everybody,

I’ve newly synced my entire Google Drive via Insync on Windows 10 to my NAS. So far so good.

The sync finished yesterday evening and I now started working with it today. I’ve faced that issue randomly during the initial sync already, but accepted that because… well… it was the initial sync.

Right now I am in the middle of converting my stored .wav files to .flac files in order to save precious space. That means, that the file name stays the same and only the extension differs. Does that matter? I have no idea. I just thought I’d mention it.

Now I wanted to test it with a completely new file that I wanted to upload, before I create this thread:
The file has been successfully uploaded to Google Drive and immediately after the successfully finished upload, a duplicate file has been created locally in the same folder. “example.flac” was now accompanied by “example.flac (2)” and the newborn file immediately cried for Insync to be uploaded, which happened right away.

This phenomenon repeats itself forever. If I do not interfer by locally deleting the duplicate(s), Insync will continuously spawn more of them. An example from yesterday was a folder that only contained Google Docs and resulted in the final duplicate (I didn’t notice it at first) looking like this:
“Example (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2)”

In other words:
They are duplicated forever until I finally break the cycle by manually deleting everything but the original.

Now here is my question:
Why the hell is Insync creating local duplicates over and over again and what can I do to make it stop without having to write my own script, that cleans up the mess that Insync creates?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Best regards
Martin

EDIT:
This also happens if I upload a file via browser and Insync downloads it to the folder afterwards.

Hi there, can you send in your logs so we can find out why Insync is creating these?

send them along with the link to this post to support@insynchq.com cc @dipesh